SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Parking on Gabriel St, Grierson Rd, Lessing St etc
robgrierson

22-10-2010 10:18 AM

Hi Mljay,

Good point - alot of people are just using the road I live on to park and ride when they actually live nearby.

By the way - I know I don't "own" the road Smile The point is, whilst I don't own it and don't even wish to be bale to park outside my house, I do think I have the right to be able to park near it, over and above those who chose to live further away from a train station? However, most of all, my point is this: I bought a house for me and my family to live in, in a residential street which was, even at that time (pre-East London line) difficult to park in. No problem, I don't own the road and I will live with having to park 100-200 yds away because it is difficult to park where I have chosent to live. However, now, because of my proximity to the station and the station upgrade, the road I live in is now a park and ride carpark. I did not buy a house in a park and ride car park. So, whilst I don't own the road, I also don't deserve my home being turned into a car park?

To your point about visitor passes - I know, I paid for these also when I lived for seven years in a CPZ in North London - it worked very well indeed. Again, paying for these was a no brainer for me as compared to the daily problems associated with living in a car park. I'd happily pay a few hundred pounds per year to avoid living in a car park.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Parking on Gabriel St, Grierson Rd, Lessing St etc - robgrierson - 22-10-2010 10:18 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Parking in Grierson, Gabriel, Garthorne, Ackroyd etc etc SandG 0 2,811 07-07-2010 10:20 PM
Last Post: SandG