SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Parking on Gabriel St, Grierson Rd, Lessing St etc
mljay

22-10-2010 10:01 AM

Why is it always assumed that it is people driving from far and wide to park.

Sometimes it is people who live in the neighbourhood, who may use the car to take kids to school and then park and go to work, so that when they return from work, they can pick up car, make it to pick up kids and get home.

Living in Crofton Park, I am guilty of parking once in awhile near Brockley station when I drop of my child at nursery on route, as I know I can catch a later train home if I have the car and still make the 6pm pick up time at the nursery. I will probably be crucified for owning up to it.

The only way to stop it is to have a CPZ of some sort. You dont own the road or the right to park outside your house. I do not live near the station but at times I am not able to park in front of my house either and this is not due to commuter parking but the fact that many houses own more than one car/van.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Parking on Gabriel St, Grierson Rd, Lessing St etc - mljay - 22-10-2010 10:01 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Parking in Grierson, Gabriel, Garthorne, Ackroyd etc etc SandG 0 2,811 07-07-2010 10:20 PM
Last Post: SandG