SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Parking on Gabriel St, Grierson Rd, Lessing St etc
robgrierson

20-10-2010 09:16 PM

I live on Grierson road and have two young kids. I can't park on the road I live in greater than 50% of the time since the station upgrade. This is obviously as a result of the fact that the area is now one big park and ride car park for people who live nowhere near the area. It wsa bad before the uprgrade but now, it is untenable. It's not acceptable for my wife and other residents with kids/cars to struggle with two kids and shopping from one or two roads away just to accomodate a park and ride scenario for people who don't live in the area.

I appreciate the creativity and suggestions on this thread. However, to me it really isn't complicated - we MUST have a CPZ ASAP. Without it, this is no longer a viable place for people with young families to live.

£100 - £150 a year is a minor price to pay to make this an area worth living in again rather than a park and ride car park.

I used to live in a road in North London with permit parking and it cost me circa £100 per year and worked just fine. I don't understand why anyone who lives in the area wouldn't support it. Even if you don't have a car you should support this since making the area inherently unattractive for families to live in will ultimately devalue your property and change the nature of the area anyway (who would actually choose to live in a park and ride car park?).

Oh - and just as an advance apology - if you are in a hurry and I need to unload my shopping/kids/other, you will be better off backing up and taking another road because if I can't park in the road where I live because people from miles away are parked there then I will be blocking the road for the time it takes me to unload and you will be waiting. This will not change until a CPZ is introduced... I will be blocking the road on a regular basis.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Parking on Gabriel St, Grierson Rd, Lessing St etc - robgrierson - 20-10-2010 09:16 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Parking in Grierson, Gabriel, Garthorne, Ackroyd etc etc SandG 0 2,811 07-07-2010 10:20 PM
Last Post: SandG