SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Parking on Gabriel St, Grierson Rd, Lessing St etc
michael

27-09-2010 02:07 PM

A shuttle bus is a good idea but I think installing an escalator or ski lift on Manor Mount would be even better. Given that the road is one way I think there should be room for a ski lift to help people get up the hill.

But this was meant to be about Honor Oak Park. Unfortunately with commuters parking everywhere they can close to the station, it impacts on local businesses as well as residents.

My suggestion would be pay and display close to the shops in HOP (just like on Dartmouth Road) and residents in local roads need to seriously consider if they want a CPZ. The CPZ could be like on Manor Mount where some spaces are for both pay and display and residents with permits.

Forest Hill Central is not really a car free development, there are some parking spaces in the grounds and they are entitled to park cars round the corner, except on Hindleys Place, which is a CPZ.

I have always opposed the introduction of charges in Perry Vale car park. The result of the charges is hundreds of commuters parking on the surrounding roads (Church Vale, Westbourne Drive, South Road, Perry Vale, Dacres Road) and little additional revenue for the council.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Parking on Gabriel St, Grierson Rd, Lessing St etc - michael - 27-09-2010 02:07 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Parking in Grierson, Gabriel, Garthorne, Ackroyd etc etc SandG 0 2,812 07-07-2010 10:20 PM
Last Post: SandG