SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Parking on Gabriel St, Grierson Rd, Lessing St etc
NewForester

27-09-2010 10:50 AM

@shzl400 - two cars is not necessarily a problem as

Quote:
At present there is no upper limit on how many permits a resident can purchase, providing they meet the criteria set out above. [ie vehicle is registered at their address within the CPZ.]

However, it should be noted that 'Car Free Developments' (such as Forest Hill Central) have no rights to any permits; their drivers will be forced to use the same facilities as commuter traffic.

I was recently told that the reason that charges were introduced for the Perry Vale car park was that locals complained they could never park there... It appears that you cannot please all the people. Personally, I would like to keep a few spaces free for short term parking so that people can pick up their mail from the sorting office and then set the charges at a level which garnered revenue for Lewisham and got the commuters into the car park.

I'm guessing that some commuters who used to go to Forest Hill now go to Honor Oak Park as they can get on the trains.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Parking on Gabriel St, Grierson Rd, Lessing St etc - NewForester - 27-09-2010 10:50 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Parking in Grierson, Gabriel, Garthorne, Ackroyd etc etc SandG 0 2,811 07-07-2010 10:20 PM
Last Post: SandG