SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
lots of mice in se23?
roz

21-09-2010 11:42 AM

I was speaking to a few local people in Forest Hill and Peckham areas recently who said that they had mice in their homes. We've had one or two too in the house as well as the usual field mice in the garden.
I know there is a block of private flats near to the railway line that has an epidemic and is bringing in pest control big time. I'm wondering how widespread this really is and whether this is something to do with the amount of roadworks and railway works that have been taken place recently or whether its just been a good year for rodents. I tend to associate rats with ground disturbance more than mice so wonder what else might be going on? Have all the cats in se23 up'd and left, for instance, or are we leaving more food lying around. ?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Londondrz

21-09-2010 12:43 PM

Lots of wildlife around this being Forest Hill and all. I have no problem with mice but rats is a big no no. Lewisham pest control have been superb when I have seen rats in the garden (neighbours garden looks more like the Lost Gardens of Helligoland whilst it was still lost) turning up within hours to lay traps etc. All for free which is good.Thumbsup

rshdunlop

21-09-2010 01:48 PM

You might see more mice in the house at this time of year - along with those long-legged spiders, as they look for somewhere to spend the winter. My cats like a mouse snack with a spider chaser, so we're okay.

michael

21-09-2010 02:24 PM

I thought it was East Dulwich that had all the rats http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/...856,page=1

Perhaps their smaller cousins are being forced out due to inflated prices of mice holes in East Dulwich.

shzl400

21-09-2010 08:41 PM

@ Michael Rofl

Our cat likes them with an ivy garnish. He averages about 3 a week, and that's just the ones he brings into the house. Unfortunately he also likes the odd blue tit as well, when he can get his claws on them.

Note that rats are urban foxes' favourite food (after KFC leftovers), so if you've got foxes, it's likely you've got rats, but if you have both nature's balance is generally maintained. It's only if the rats, mice, or whatever get into houses that there's problems ....

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields