SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »
Noisy neighbours
roz

30-12-2011 12:11 AM

Actually the new ASBO laws have a little more teeth and eviction for persistently bad behaviour is now an option. So you can give him some food for thought but if I were you keep personally out of it and deal only with the Council as they will have experience in handling these things. You dont' want him lashing out at you.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Minkey

22-01-2012 01:00 PM

Having had experience of noisy neighbours a few times, if I were you, I'd first go and say hello and introduce yourself as the new person downstairs. Then having hopefully made an amicable intro you can mention how badly the sound travels through the floor and ask if they could turn the volume down, invite them down to hear it for themselves if necessary. Try to do this when you are not in the middle of being wound up by the noise so you're in as neutral a frame of mind as possible. If the friendly request is then ignored, you'll at least know where you stand and it's time to keep the noise record and pursue through more official channels.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields