SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Is The Popes Visit Worth £10million.....
Applespider

20-09-2010 09:35 PM

But are all atheists utilitarians or is it a 'branch' of the belief like Methody or Catholicism are types of Christianity?

I'd consider myself an atheist but I don't support reproductive cloning. Animal/human hybrids - well, I don't want/expect to see Animal Farm-esque pig-men but I have a colleague who had a new heart valve grown in a pig who may otherwise have been dead - so that goes back to the sanctity of life aspect. Would he have been better off dead and not have the valve? As with most things, there are good uses for things and there is a point where abuse could lead to horrors.

I've rejected the idea of there being a Supreme Being directing the world after looking at the evidence. Why would I do less with any other argument/change in circumstances? I'd make my own mind up rather than blindly following prophets who want to make my mind up for me. Isn't that what all religions have had to do with all inventions that have occurred since their founders' times? The 'leader' picks the policy and the congregation follow - I'd much rather think for myself.

LOL Merlin on the Olympic part. I have another colleague who toured the site on Saturday as part of the Open House weekend and said it looked absolutely amazing and was pretty much converted to thinking more positively about 2012.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Is The Popes Visit Worth £10million..... - Applespider - 20-09-2010 09:35 PM