SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Is The Popes Visit Worth £10million.....
hillsideresident

19-09-2010 07:46 PM

"The death of God, Nietzsche argued, means that all the Christian values that have shaped the West rest on a mythical foundation. One may, out of habit, continue to live according to these values for a while [my italics]." Which is why atheists can, as we all know, be perfectly good people. "Over time, however, the values will decay, and if they are not replaced by new values, man will truly have to face the prospect of nihilism, what Nietzsche termed 'the abyss'."

The philosopher Peter Singer is at the forefront of atheist thinking, and he is "uncompromisingly working out the implications of living in a truly secular society, one completely purged of Christian and transcendental foundations". And those implications, according to Singer, include "removing traditional protections for unwanted children, people with mental disabilities, and the noncontributing elderly".

The above quotes are from: http://www.catholiceducation.org/article...me0132.htm

This is why I think we need, more than ever, the Pope, the Catholics and the whole Christian Church. This is why I think the money spent on the Pope's visit was worth every penny - for all of us.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Is The Popes Visit Worth £10million..... - hillsideresident - 19-09-2010 07:46 PM