SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
RSPCA - Free Cat Neutering Offer
piglet

15-09-2010 12:07 PM

Are you in receipt of state benefits or a low income and unable to afford to neuter your cat?

We can help.

We are currently offering free cat neutering in conjunction with Norwood Road Veterinary Surgery, 10 Norwood Road, Herne Hill, London SE24 9BH

Please call the surgery on 0208 674 3421 during office hours to make an appointment.

If you have any questions about this offer please telephone 07952 680 522 or email: rspcalondonsoutheastbranch@googlemail.com

Thanks

RSPCA London South East Branch
380 Norwood Road
West Norwood
London
SE27 9AA

http://www.rspca-london-se.org.uk

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
piglet

15-09-2010 01:47 PM

Please note the number is 0208 671 3421 not 674.

Sorry about that.

Merlin

20-09-2010 07:07 PM

Is it true that the RSPCA put healthy animals 'to sleep' because they don't think they will be rehomed? (Black and white cats - apparently unpopular colours)

brian

21-09-2010 12:29 PM

Perhaps should offer the service to some humans.

michael

21-09-2010 02:27 PM

Brian wrote:
Perhaps should offer the service to some humans.

Atheist Scared

roz

21-09-2010 07:43 PM

No wonder we have so many mice with all these impotent cats; must remove the killer instinct as well as a few others.

Merlin

21-09-2010 07:54 PM

Piglet, if you're reading this my question remains. I think it is terrible if it's true.

I think neutering/spaying cats just stops them spraying, wandering and fighting - If my neutered cat is any kind of example (he marches up and down the windowsill on blue tit/robin patrol daily - luckily for them he is an indoor cat)

piglet

26-09-2010 09:53 AM

Merlin

Perhaps you need to spend a few days at an animal rescue centre and having to put to sleep so many unwanted animals because there are no homes due to far too many unneutered cats which is due to ignorance by members of the public such as yourself.

Time to take off your rose coloured specs me thinks.

piglet

26-09-2010 09:54 AM

There are so many mice because of the human population dumping rubbish and living like pigs.

Cats rarely kill mice.

Merlin

26-09-2010 10:11 AM

You're half right Piglet, I am a member of the public but I'm not ignorant.
Both my cats were neutered/spayed and the little darlings came from CHAT (Celia Hammond Animal Trust) who do not routinely kill healthy animals because they don't think their colour is in fashion.

If anyone is looking for a feline to love please visit http://www.celiahammond.org/ or http://www.anim-mates.org.uk/ which are both smaller charities who really work hard to home animals.

I'm an anti-vivisectionist vegetarian who loves animals and wildlife, my glasses are certainly not rose tinted - I just don't agree healthy animals should be killed by the RSPCA. I notice you didn't answer that part of my question, but I know it is true and that is the reason I stopped my monthly standing order to them.

Have a lovely day x

Merlin

26-09-2010 10:17 AM

And please don't be rude about pigs Piglet, pigs don't drop litter - people do Smile

Funny that you should use 'pigs' in a negative way considering your username. Feeling self loathing? want a hug?

piglet

26-09-2010 10:23 AM

Merlin

I am not posting on behalf of anyone so if you have a question for the RSPCA then I suggest you contact them direct.

Rather than congratulating the RSPCA on providing this free cat neutering offer (fyi before you get your knickers in a twist I copied the information about the free neutering from another forum) you have resorted to silly questions.

What about Battersea who killed hundreds of dogs last year? Did you not watch the Panorama programme? Perhaps all the unwanted pets in London should be brought to your house for re-homing! I'm sure this can be arranged. Please make your home address public.

You are a vegetarian so presumably you drink milk and eat dairy products.... The dairy industry is very cruel. Do you wear leather shoes?

Merlin

26-09-2010 11:05 AM

Silly, ignorant, rose tinted glasses ..... you are clearly not in a great mood with me today Piglet *hug*

My address is already known to a few animal shelters and charities, as much as I'd love to have more animals living with me I need to consider the happiness of the ones who already share my life/home. I work full time too, so it isn't really fair (hence me encouraging others to open their homes and hearts) I do make regular financial contributions though - so hopefully that helps a bit.

Not that is anything to do with the point I was making about the RSPCA but to answer your personal questions -I don't do dairy, I do eat free range eggs and honey sometimes so I'm not a vegan. No, I don't wear leather or fur.
I don't think you have to be a vegetarian to think killing healthy 'pets' is wrong - whoever does it. My decision regarding food is entirely a personal one and I make no judgements about anyone else. I'm not as silly as you suggest.

Lots of animal charities do free or low cost treatment, I look forward to you publicising those as well as the RSPCA in future.

I have no desire to get into a personal spat with you, happy to meet up and put the world to rights over a coffee (in public) but not really into cyber bullying so back off.

Thanks for your concern but my knickers are totally un-twisted Thumbup

piglet

26-09-2010 11:17 AM

Merlin

Thanks for your feedback. Clearly you are back tracking now that you have been challenged over your silly comments.

There are only two animal charities (PDSA and Blue Cross) that provide free treatment not lots as you state. I will leave it to you to publicise the details of the charities. Actually, if you can't afford private veterinary treatment you should not be taking on an animal. If you can't afford the vet you can't afford the pet!

Okay so your address is known well that is good. The next time I hear of an unwanted animal in need of a good home I shall give out your address as the solution.

Enjoy your day.

Love

Merlin

26-09-2010 11:45 AM

If you would like to follow either of the links you will find the details yourself. I also believe I stated 'free or low cost'

I can afford vet treatment for my furry friends and assure you they are very well looked after (thanks for designating my place a 'good home' I appreciate this even though you've never visited)

I do not subscribe to the notion that animal companionship should only be open to the affluent sections of the community, I'd encourage insurance and regular health checks as preventative measures. Food, equipment and treatment costs should always be considered when taking on the responsibility of an animal but perhaps your stance is fuelling the cull?

I think many elderly people, or the more socially excluded benefit from sharing their lives with an animal companion. When I worked with people with learning disabilities they really loved the 'house cats' (Annie and Lucy) and were able to show love and caring in a way they could not verbalise. I think animals teach children a lot about caring, responsibility and sadly grief. An animal makes a house a home (for me)

I am not backtracking in the slightest, I am being polite and reasonable (I understand that this may be a difficult concept for you to grasp at present) I am secure in my belief and knowledge.

Littlebelka

26-09-2010 12:22 PM

will this quarrell ever stop?! Does it make lives of unwanted animals easier?

Merlin

26-09-2010 01:27 PM

Not every exchange of views, however different, is a quarrel.
I think we had finished.
An open and frank discussion such as this CAN help animals as it might encourage readers to think about the issue, donate to a charity (money, time or goods), investigate the topic and even offer a home. Fingers crossed it does all that Thumbsup

brian

26-09-2010 06:33 PM

Really good to read an exchange like this . I agree honest and polite exchange of views.

meduza

28-09-2010 04:44 PM

It seems that there are alot of people giving the RSPCA a hard time... they may have to make the difficult decisions that no-one else is prepared to make but if you consider the amount of good work that is carried out by them every day, every year for lots of years with no government funding i think we should take our hats off to them. The amount of people that exploit the services of these charities is disgusting.. We all should open our hearts a little more and try to help the charities reach their common goal despite which charity it is Animal welfare!

seeformiles

28-09-2010 05:07 PM

My family has taken in several lovely black and white cats over the years and I'm astonished to hear that certain cats are out of 'fashion'.
I'm not in a position to have one right now but I'll make a point of taking in another b/w moggy as soon as I can.
We could do something about the mice and rat problem if people used their common sense when disposing of rubbish. The amount of times I see rubbish sacks dumped on the ground by half empty bins...I despair.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  RSPCA – low cost vaccination and free microchipping clinic rspcalondonsoutheast 0 2,797 05-12-2013 02:41 PM
Last Post: rspcalondonsoutheast
  RSPCA offer – Pets vaccinated and microchipped for £15.00 piglet 0 2,347 08-04-2013 04:43 PM
Last Post: piglet
  RSPCA – an amazing cat & dog vaccination offer not to be missed piglet 0 2,674 12-03-2013 07:48 PM
  RSPCA - Free Microchipping Event piglet 0 2,921 23-02-2013 03:07 PM
  RSPCA – an amazing offer not to be missed piglet 0 2,723 17-12-2012 06:26 PM
  RSPCA – an amazing vaccination and microchipping offer piglet 0 3,122 14-08-2012 11:17 PM
  RSPCA – an amazing vaccination and microchipping offer not to be missed! piglet 0 3,387 03-06-2012 01:03 PM
  RSPCA - Free Microchip with your cat or dog's vaccination piglet 0 3,421 21-04-2012 04:25 PM
  RSPCA Free Microchipping and Low Cost Vaccination Clinic piglet 1 5,320 11-02-2012 09:45 AM
  RSPCA - Free Microchipping for cats and dogs this Sunday piglet 0 3,864 30-09-2011 12:13 PM
  RSPCA Free Microchipping Event piglet 0 2,625 04-12-2010 11:23 AM
  RSPCA - Free Microchipping Event piglet 0 3,087 09-10-2010 09:27 AM
  RSPCA Free Microchipping Event in SE5 piglet 0 2,789 12-09-2010 09:53 AM
  RSPCA - Free Microchipping Event piglet 0 2,567 17-07-2010 08:13 AM
  RSPCA Free Microchipping Event – (Dogs & Cats Only) piglet 0 2,715 10-04-2010 10:15 AM