SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Letter from Police
Tinkerbell

28-08-2008 08:49 AM

fany9560- yes, they did carry Police ID, just no business cards or any type of information that I could keep in reference. In the end I asked one of them to leave me the station number, and he did, after consulting his mobile telephone. Smile But, having seen the BBC and other links on the case, I do hope they'll eventually catch this guy, sounds like it has been going on for far too long and feels uneasy to learn he might be living in our neighbourhood.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jon14

15-10-2008 11:13 AM

davidl wrote:
Remembered this thread earlier when someone from Lewisham Police Station called at the door and thought it was worth updating.

The investigation is ongoing (apparently practically every door in HOP and FH has been knocked). They've just got to the area north of Brockley Rise. There's a reward for information - the culprit is still attacking people. See the BBC news website for more information.

I'm quite impressed that the police continue to pursue this guy. Answering the question above, the burglaries/attacks are not happening in FH/HOP - but the perpetrator is returning to the area afterwards (not sure how the police know that).

Just to update - two plain clothes police officers at the door very early this morning (07:30) showing us the photofit from the link in davidl's earlier post quoted above - asking if we had seen anything. Apparently they intend to make sure everyone has seen the photofit. They took our names and asked how long we've lived at the address.

Ghis

07-04-2009 11:18 AM

I think it is our turn to get this visit, just got the call to book the appointment to get someone to visit us from the local police team to ask some questions.

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields