SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Daily Telegraph
rob

17-01-2008 11:11 AM

Hi

Forest Hill is in the news today. Nice feature in The Daily Telegraph property section on the area. See http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/main...est117.xml

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
robwinton

17-01-2008 11:17 AM

nice find, thanks

Grangerover

17-01-2008 11:37 AM

Nice to see the area get postive press. However...

I doubt many people can afford to buy those kind of houses! The article reads to me like it was drafted by the estate agents eager to sell their most expensive properties. No mention of the far more affordable properties on the east side of the railway line where you can buy 3-bed houses for the same price as the 1-bed flat on Honor Oak Road!

kingkong

17-01-2008 11:51 AM

Thanks for this, good spot.

I thought there were going to be more than 6 trains an hour?

Its a bit silly starting the article off about Forest Hill and HOP being not being near the tube, and then getting the key information about the frequency of the trains wrong!

the_emu

17-01-2008 10:34 PM

Reading the article I note that the photo of the garden is actually my garden. It is the view from the one bed flat on honor oak road, which is a flat in the converted victorian house my flat is in.

In my view the flat is overpriced and has been on the market since last april. The telegraph may have picked that flat to sensationalise about, but no-one is buying it at that price.

baggydave

17-01-2008 11:10 PM

I thought that people only bought the Torygraph because of the quality of the sports section.

BD - well I never

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields