SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Sky TV
simonj

18-01-2008 11:02 AM

Has any body else had a man knocking on their door asking if they had sky tv for a survey recently?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BarCar

18-01-2008 11:26 AM

simonj wrote:
Has any body else had a man knocking on their door asking if they had sky tv for a survey recently?

We had two guys from Sky doing our street this week - looked reasonably legit to me although I didn't entertain them for long. We're also had Southern Electric touting their "significant savings".

robwinton

18-01-2008 11:39 AM

yes, I had someone from Southern Electric (or one of the others - they're all the same to me)

They have an interesting ruse: "Hi! I'm your local area manager (etc.)"
So you think: "Ooh! Area Manager. They must really care"

But if you look carefully at the identification (which I am sure is genuine) it shows that it expires in around a week. These guys get 'appointed' area managers long enough to do the door-to-door stuff. Neat trick!

Nothing from Sky (yet)

simonj

18-01-2008 12:26 PM

What is the point of asking? I really don't get it! If they are from Sky they should know. Am I missing something here?

BarCar

18-01-2008 12:35 PM

simonj wrote:
What is the point of asking? I really don't get it! If they are from Sky they should know. Am I missing something here?

At a guess it will be a survey which results in you signing up for a new or upgraded channel selection because you didn't realise what you were missing at those keen prices.

Ghis

18-01-2008 01:59 PM

The Sky dish outside the house should give it away

simonj

18-01-2008 02:03 PM

thats what I thought, however ours is on the back but sky have details of who their customers are and what packages they are on so what is the point?! laissez-moi tranquille Cursing

mljay

18-01-2008 03:50 PM

When I said I already had sky, the guy asked if any of my friends of family wanted to join, for an incentive. I said I had already been trying to persuade them to switch so I could have the M&S vouchers but no luck.

He was polite and only trying to do some door to door sales - I guess the internet has not killed that method off yet.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields