SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Crime
ForestHillier

09-09-2010 02:47 PM

Barboonery write :

Can we not EVER have a crime thread on here without capital punishment for trivial offences, cutting off of hands, and the like? It's disgusting.

Come on Barboonery, sure it was only meant as a joke, must agree however with some of the racist remarks getting out of hand

So what do we do with these people who commit these crimes when caught, any ideas/solutions [ sensible ones please ] anyone ??

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cidered

09-09-2010 04:40 PM

Brian,

If today's punishments don't fit the crime, when exactly did they meet your standards for justice?

BnV

09-09-2010 05:09 PM

indeed Brian!
Baboonery?? Blimey, you'd be no fun at a dinner party!

Cutting off of hands - come now - I was trying to make a point - most people got it.
I don't think theft is "trivial".
Spoke to a decent local chap last week whose house had been burgled & he & his wife were duly paranoid. Theft or violation of any kind creates fear, reinforces negative stereotypes.. etc etc... & negatively affects ones life.
Now, call me simple, but destruction should be penalised not rewarded, or ignored.

I think a proactive approach is definitely called for - perhaps visits by police/community groups to schools to speak frankly (ie verbally slap) to kids... obviously parenting is not working ...& then give 'em all a proper slap & a menace back while nobody's watching Smile

& then put them on a tiered podium, like athletics prizegiving, say in the space to the right of the underpass, with a big banner overhead & buckets of overripe tomatos & rotten veg, & dogcakes, to be fired by the community as they pass... see, no limbs lost.

>>>
BnV types in lower case - get over it - this by no means affects articulation... love ya.
NewForester

11-09-2010 12:19 AM

[quote="brian"]I agree Capitol Punishment extreme for non murders but what punishment would you say fits the crime of assault with menaces on the Queen's Highway??
Surely you must admit today's punishments do not fit the crime. "/quote]
Is Capitol Punishament having to have a meal at Wetherspoons?

brian

11-09-2010 12:29 PM

Tough on poor Wetherspoons. No pub is perfect but they do their best.
I do believe however they should not serve alcohol before midday at least.

Punishment for crime is very difficult. Certainly capitol punishment for people who went out armed and commit murder. Cannot see anyone objecting to that common sense response. Only joking.

This would also have the benefit of reducing the overcrowding in prisons. It must cost us a fortune to keep murderers in prison even for the short periods some of them are sentenced for.

Back in The Wilson first Government when Capitol Punishment was abolished. ( Against all measures of public opinion ) we were promised that Life would mean Life. What a joke.

All governments refuse to put the matter to the people. Of course we cannot be trusted to give the required result. Rather like an Irish EU vote we would be asked to vote and vote until we give the result required.

Regarding youngsters Teachers and Police should be given the right to whack children when required. It happened in the 50's and children far better behaved.

rshdunlop

11-09-2010 01:02 PM

I think NewForester's point was that it is spelling 'capital punishment', not 'capitol'.

rshdunlop

11-09-2010 01:03 PM

Of course I meant *spelled*. Is there any way to edit your posts on this site??

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields