SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Youth robbing folks in the street!
BnV

04-09-2010 12:07 PM

Be careful Forest Hillites - there be youth robbing folks in the street - unbelievable eh... indeed,
1) is this what they do in their school hols??!!!
2) where in hell's name are their parents?
3) WHAT are they doing hanging around outside Wetherspoons by the busstop at midnight drinking cans???
4) WHERE are the police?

Managed to get all the way through Carnival last weekend with all my possessions intact - how many millions of people attended?

Wouldn't imagine being pillaged in my own neighbourhood on a Tuesday. (Blackberry.)

Aside from the above I'm kind of speechless...ish.

A group of about 4 - a small white girl with dark hair did the deed, with accomplices, a very slender tall black boy & another white boy..& didn't really get a look at anyone else on the periphery. They thought it was hysterical. Tough girl - well done.

**** behaviour by teenagers - should we tolerate it?
I've passed groups of yoof previously, caught them menacing passers by by throwing glass bottles... their attitudes tell that they think they are really tough, & invincible... children??
Christ... can we put them in stocks please? ..or chip them... or send them to Papua New Guinea...??? Or what about the oldfashioned cutting off of their hands?

Angry

>>>
BnV types in lower case - get over it - this by no means affects articulation... love ya.
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Redalways

04-09-2010 04:35 PM

Bnv. Could you let us know where you were mugged - may be able to spot them in the future.0

Snazy

04-09-2010 04:59 PM

Sorry to hear what happened mate. Hope you are ok.
More info on who, how and where would be great if you can please. I occasionally put the phone away when I see certain groups, more safety first i guess than fear.

BnV

04-09-2010 06:34 PM

Cheers chap/ettes...
Well I wouldn't call it a 'mugging' by any means. I'm fine, thanks.
Except the BB device was less than a week old, & as yet uninsured.. contained buckets of detail etc etc, that shouldn;t be in anyone's other than my own hands..!

Police are on to it & the Safer Neighbourhood team have been fully briefed - & as confirmed earlier today, CCTV has been 'seized' from street cameras -hurrah- & incident is well captured, & will go for closeup scrutiny & stills on Monday.
My language could get very colourful at this point, but I know the forum administrator will just star it out Cool
Unfortunately the Safer Neighbourhood team clock off at midnight & I know they would;ve been down in a flash had it been earlier.
I've seen them respond very quickly.

They didn't look like a gang of yoof exactly, more like school kids who should have been under the supervision of someone's parents!
Five of them, shortish white girl with what seemed like quite dark hair to me, a slender tall black boy, another 2 boys (one with shortish blonde hair as I recall).. & another girl - I think.
You know, they weren't really in my realm of consideration until the incident. & I certainly didn't perceive them as a threat.
I've walked through much dodgier areas comparatively & just cannot fathom HOW this occurred in our neightbourhood.

To answer you @Snazy on the how... one of them 'diverted' my attention by throwing beer all over me from behind & the little white girl went straight for my phone.. clothes & full carryall (day's productivity ruined) covered in beer. (When I'm on the lash I manage to get it in my mouth, so a rather unpleasant feeling.)

These little ****s were hanging out outside Wetherspoons - by the busstop - which was out of use at the time due to the road works, so a 'good' place to hang out & drink beer I guess. It was just after midnight on Tuesday last (1st September).

My powers of deduction (!) tell me that they obviously belong to a group, & thus will form again... slightly nebulous description but keep an eye out!
The Wetherspoons management were very cagey when I contacted them re cameras - the Police assure me that they will 'un'-cagey them.

Schools go back on Monday apparently - am fuming & although I have faith in the local SN team, a big part of me wants to storm all of the schools in the area & hunt these little ****ers down.

You guys can join if you fancy!!

Cheers for the concern.

>>>
BnV types in lower case - get over it - this by no means affects articulation... love ya.
admin
Administrator

05-09-2010 02:30 PM

Off-topic posts moved to new thread in Beyond SE23.

Satchers

06-09-2010 11:01 AM

This is interesting.

My husbands wallet went missing late one evening a few months ago somewhere between the Dartmouth Arms and Taymount Rise. He didn't realise until the next day and then he had a phone call from someone saying that they had found all of his cards (and literally all of them) in the phone box outside Weatherspoons. Only the cash and the actual wallet were missing. The guy seemed genuine although he did want some money for finding them!

We wondered how it had got 'lost' and felt that it was something to do with when we walked past Weatherspoons and the crowd of kids but after the event it is very hard to be sure what happened. He could have dropped it I suppose?

I wonder if this is connected and if a similar thing has happened to anyone else?

BnV

06-09-2010 12:45 PM

Hmmm, well I do think that Wetherspoons' cageyness, from my conversation the other day, says something.

They'd have to be aware of dodgy activity outside their establishment. How could they not...
Anyway, their reticent tone was telling. Possibly the kids are known to some staff..??

Curious Satcher - did you part with any ransom money for the return of the cards (they would've been unsafe anyway wouldn't they)?

>>>
ForestHillier

06-09-2010 12:57 PM

Maybe they should turn it back into a bingo hall

Now in another thread, I was telling all what a great safe place FH is, oh dear, appears I spoke to soon

BnV

06-09-2010 01:51 PM

There there ForestHillier, you're alright...
It is a lovely place & I love it. Wouldn't go north again if you paid me... ok well, if it was a grand amount I'd consider...

We need to be vigilant & not let kids get away with it.
Their behaviour must not be reinforced by apathy.

>>>
ForestHillier

06-09-2010 01:56 PM

Very true BnV, it is a lovely place and I also love it.

Put these barbaric kids in the stocks - thats what I say - LOL

Snazy

06-09-2010 04:42 PM

BnV, out of interest, do you know the PIN of the lost Blackberry. Just curious to add it to BBM or something and see what happens. Unless the phone is barred now.

Nice to hear you are in good spirits about the whole matter, I would be gutted if I lost my Blackberry I have to say. Not sure if you are aware of a few apps that would help out in future to safeguard your info, and keep it backed up with ease.

Hope you get a replacement soon.

BnV

06-09-2010 05:00 PM

cheers Snazy - I have to be in good spirits - I've still got my health!!
But don't get me wrong - I'm bl**dy furious. & gutted as a replacement will not be forthcoming!

What is this BBM thing you speak of & what does putting PIn in do exactly??

>>>
Snazy

06-09-2010 10:07 PM

You have pm.

I imagine you are furious, but given some other threads on here it's impressive to see such a controlled and informative post in the circumstances.

Satchers

07-09-2010 08:58 AM

Forest Hillier and BnV
These things happen everywhere (even outside of London! - shock) and don't happen too often here.

I would be amazed if there wasn't some small scale crime going one really, but this doesn't do anything to make it a less good place to live.....

BnV

07-09-2010 09:26 AM

Yes Satchers - we're pretty much agreed that we all love FH.
However, knowing this goes on 'everywhere' else is no excuse to let it go here. You don't really want to tolerate & foster a growing youth crime culture by just accepting it - I would class that as constructive apathy.

>>>

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields