SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
what was on mayow road years ago
cookie69

28-08-2010 08:02 AM

hi was wondering if anyone knew what was built on shifford path before the houses that are now there, my mum lives there and my brother recently was taking photos in his bedroom with his mobile phone and caught an ghostly image of a young girl. i have searched on google but cant find anything

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
roz

28-08-2010 09:22 AM

Spooky! Are you able to post the ghosts image on here?

Mickey

28-08-2010 09:33 AM

please post the image..

Elizabeth25

28-08-2010 01:41 PM

Interesting. Because I used to walk across that grassy common next to Shifford Path, cutting through from Bampton Rd to Perry Vale, when I picked my son up from his child minder.

I've seen quite a few 'hey what was that?' type moments. One evening I swear I saw about five or ten 'people' walk slowly across the path in front of me.

Sorry, if I sound a bit nuts (it was in the winter and it was dark and shadowy) but it was still eerrie.

cookie69

28-08-2010 07:22 PM

its freaked us out, the pic is so clear you can every detail of her face and she is wearing a frilly shirt and looks like a pinafore. ive heard that there used to be a farm on perry vale but cant find out if a girl died there. i remember when i lived there when i was a child we used to have doors opening and closing on there own.

rshdunlop

28-08-2010 10:45 PM

Call me a cynic, but haven't people died just about everywhere? Or do you mean did a young girl died in that area in circumstances that would make her likely to become a ghost.

I've often wondered why ghosts only seem to appear to people who already believe in them. And why they go to such lengths to make it hard to prove that they do exist.

Perryman

29-08-2010 01:24 AM

Before these silica brick houses were built, there was a row of houses along here - their large back gardens are now the open ground next to Wynell Rd.

Unlike the houses at the top of Wynell Rd that were hit by a V2, these old houses seemed to have largely escaped damage in the war.
I don't know why they were later pulled down - perhaps all these ghosts running amok made them uninhabitable....

lottie

29-08-2010 04:28 PM

Hey Cookie69 please post photo for us all to puzzle over

Hawkesrah

29-08-2010 07:11 PM

The names Perry Vale & Perry Rise etc stems from the fact that about 200 years ago there were 100's of pear trees in the area. Perry is short for Peary (Pears).

cookie69

29-08-2010 09:28 PM

ok i have finally worked out how to attach the pic you will need to enlarge it the girl is on the far left

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

rshdunlop

29-08-2010 10:17 PM

Why was your brother taking photos of his room, out of interest?

I can see the image of the girl quite clearly. Not sure about the pinafore and frilled collar you mentioned, but by the hairstyle she looks like a teenager from 2010. Some sort of image imprint from another photo on the phone? A reflection maybe? Where is the window in relation to the person taking the photo? Is the room upstairs or downstairs?

rshdunlop

29-08-2010 10:31 PM

Also, the lighting is all wrong - the light is in the girl's face, but the light in the room is coming from behind the camera. Yes, I know, ghosts don't obey the laws of physics, but if she is supposed to be in the room, why does she look like she is somewhere else?

Elizabeth25

30-08-2010 08:48 AM

According to Ghost Hunters, you are supposed look for all other reasons before you arrive at 'ghost'.

Does this girl look like anyone your brother knows?
Was this camera used before, by someone else - was it a used camera?

If all of those answers are no, maybe you can send it to Ghost Hunters and they can examine the photo more closely.

EerrieScared

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields