SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (6): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next > Last »
The 23 Club
roz

24-02-2008 09:44 PM

I can recommend Yune for the next lunch- they are very friendly and do a great bento box lunch for around ?6.
I would however suggest this takes place on the Friday after Easter, not the Tuesday to maximise attendance? It is still school holidays for some schools as some are having their two weeks off with the Easter weekend in the middle, and others are having the two weeks in early April.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
robwinton

24-02-2008 10:59 PM

Sandy67 wrote:
on monday ???

i thought it was sposed to be friday ?

sorry, days merge into one another here in the home office (not THAT Home Office)

it was Friday as planned, of course

thanks Ros for the suggestion of moving to Friday. I'm still keen to stick as close to the 23rd as possible (as an extremely tenuous way of keeping this relevant), but if more want a switch to Friday then I'm willing to change.

Yune is a GREAT idea. I go there pretty regularly and can thoroughly recommend the food.

Sandy67

25-02-2008 11:28 PM

i have never been to yune yet ..

there are no more impending babies in the family so i hope to make it next time Rolleyes

NewForester

24-04-2008 08:58 AM

Was this a one off, or did they meet this month? I was watching for an announcement, but none came Sad

michael

24-04-2008 09:52 AM

The Forest Hill Society is planning to adopt this idea for evening meals on the 23rd of each month, starting from June, but we are just working out how much interest there is likely to be.

From yesterday's emailing:

23 Club
We are considering setting up a dinning club for Honor Oak and Forest Hill to help support local restaurants. The idea is simple, each month we will choose a restaurant in the area and people can individually book for evening on the 23rd of the month (easy to remember if you live in SE23). It is a great way to try out new restaurants and chat with other members of the Society, and turning up to one meal does not commit you to any others.
To get an idea of numbers, if you are interested please email foresthillsociety@gmail.com to let us know. The first such event would be on Monday 23rd June.

robwinton

24-04-2008 06:25 PM

I think that the FHS idea of the dinners is a good one and I fully support it, and it also means those who wanted to organise curry nights could do this and meet other locals

unfortunately I don't get out in the evenings much for family reasons, so i may still suggest some daytime events for those of us in SE23 during weekday lunches. If you are interested, leave a note here too and I'll think of a way to organise it

Tersie

25-04-2008 09:12 AM

I think a SE23 dinner night in tapastry would be really good too. I work from home all the time so lunch now and then would also be nice. Smile

roz

25-04-2008 04:01 PM

Quite a few of us seem to regularly go to the Lemon Grove on Friday lunchtimes. We could also make this an ' informal' thing for people to drop in if they are around and feel like being sociable, in addition to something more organised.

Otherwise the local ' Dining Club' idea is a good one. It would though be good to have rules on payment as it could prove quite expensive for anyone who isn't drinking alcohol or who just wants to have one course. A share of a collective bill can be expensive for anyone who leads a more frugal lifestyle!

Sandy67

25-04-2008 11:30 PM

evenings would be awkward for me too ..

lunchtimes i can do generally

michael

20-06-2008 09:50 AM

Monday is the first meeting of the FH Society's 23 Club. It is not too late to book your place at Kafe La before Monday evening.

Full details are available at http://www.foresthillsociety.com/2008/06/23-club.html

robwinton

13-08-2008 07:00 PM

I've not been able to make the last couple of events, but I gather they have gone well.

I am planning on attending the next event as it is a BBQ on a Saturday and family friendly - much better for me.

In case anyone else is interested, here are the details from the organiser (Mary from the FH Society):

"In August, because the 23rd falls on a Saturday, we are planning a lunchtime barbeque at a pub: the Perry Hill. Although it is slightly out of our area we have chosen it as the food and ambiance are good, and there is a large garden. The details are:

Saturday August 23rd

Perry Hill: Forest Hill Society Summer Barbeque ? from 12.30pm
78-80 Perry Hill Sydenham London SE6 4EY

The pub does not take bookings, but, to help them to have an idea of numbers, it would help if you can please e-mail mary@foresthillsociety.com to let her know if you are coming and how many there will be in your group (specifying whether they are adults or children)."

baggydave

21-08-2008 10:35 PM

Ah Rob, now you are revealing your true colours (see: http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/1...n/Sydenham )

robwinton

23-08-2008 08:17 PM

Not entirely sure what you are referring to there Baggy, but - OK

Great time to day at the BBQ which wasn't a BBQ after all. Although the low confirmed numbers in advance meant that the pub didn't light the BBQ, in the end we had a great turnout, including the kids, and enjoyed some pretty good food in the sunshine.

I had a great time and it was very nice to meet a lot of new FHS members as well as some of those who post here from time to time.

Anyone know where the next event is?

liz

25-08-2008 10:10 AM

The next 23 Club event will be at Yune on September 23rd.
October's Club meeting will be at Honor Oak Tandoori.
Please make your bookings directly with the restaurant mentioning 23 Club/Forest Hill Society.

siazzah

06-09-2008 05:33 PM

I have only just discovered this exists. As the other half works from home and has been missing out on adult and intelligent (!) company since moving away from all his mates in Surrey, he would be very interested in becoming a member of the 23 Club. Can someone pls let us know what time it meets. Cheers. Smile

michael

06-09-2008 06:55 PM

Siazzah,
The 23 Club meet at 8pm. Full details of the next event can be found at http://foresthillsociety.blogspot.com/20...ember.html . You should book with the restaurant in advance so that we know how many people to expect.

I look forward to seeing you.

robwinton

06-09-2008 09:09 PM

Siazzah

Get your other half to come along to the lunch on Wednesday discussed here:

http://www.se23.com/forum/showthread.php...4#pid12064

can't promise a great crowd, or intelligent conversation, but I know the organiser personally Wink

siazzah

09-09-2008 06:35 PM

Thanks Rob. Other half (aka Nigel) will be there tomorrow. Looks forward to seeing you - should he wear a red carnation?

robwinton

09-09-2008 11:28 PM

I doubt that will be necessary, but it could be a nice touch and worth a few laughs

Smile

michael

22-09-2008 07:30 PM

Just a reminder that the 23 club meets tomorrow (23rd September) 8pm at Yune, 25 Dartmouth Road, Tel 020 8699 0887.

Apparently not many people have booked but it would be good to see some of the forum regulars there tomorrow.

Then on 24th September is the Forest Hill Ward assembly at Holy Trinity Hall. Details at http://foresthillsociety.blogspot.com/20...diary.html

Pages (6): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields