SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (6): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »
The 23 Club
Tersie

14-02-2008 10:19 AM

[quote=robwinton]
So, who is up for this?

After saying I will come have realised I am off to the Peak District next Friday...doh! However I work from home all the time and more than happy to come along to lunch events. I hope the first '23' club is a success and I will come along to others.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
robwinton

14-02-2008 11:31 AM

tersie wrote:
After saying I will come have realised I am off to the Peak District next Friday...doh! However I work from home all the time and more than happy to come along to lunch events. I hope the first '23' club is a success and I will come along to others.

Me now: Cursing

Me next week, on my own in the Lemon Grove: Sad

No problem tersie, but I really need a couple more to confirm otherwise we can leave it for March (or forget it).

Sandy67

14-02-2008 12:59 PM

robwinton wrote:

tersie wrote:

Me now: Cursing

Me next week, on my own in the Lemon Grove: Sad

No problem tersie, but I really need a couple more to confirm otherwise we can leave it for March (or forget it).

i can possibly come , but will mean leaving kids on their own for a bit .. (they aren't tiny .. 14 and 12, so should be ok )

roz

14-02-2008 04:56 PM

I hope to be there- will that do? I'll try to encourage a few others to come along.

robwinton

14-02-2008 05:11 PM

roz wrote:
I hope to be there- will that do? I'll try to encourage a few others to come along.

Great. Of course it will do. At least you know you can have a warm drink and some cooked food!

I'm not looking to make this a big event (last time we tried that we got 120+ people along) just to make sure I don't end up sitting there alone like Johnny No-Mates at a big table with a Reserved sign.

Smile

robwinton

20-02-2008 06:28 PM

bump!

The gathering is planned for this Friday, but so far attendance is still somewhat limited.

List so far:
robwinton
roz
sandy67

Anyone else thinking of coming along to kick this off?

BarCar

20-02-2008 06:31 PM

robwinton wrote:

Sorry - not this time round. Hopefully for the next one.

Tersie

20-02-2008 06:38 PM

[quote=robwinton]

Away on Friday - next time will definately come as work from home all the time. Have fun!

Snazy

20-02-2008 06:45 PM

Might see if I can hop along. Depends on how my newly broken foot fairs up.
Will update tomorrow to confirm. Smile

Given how much I have to moan about it will be good to moan to someone Smile

robwinton wrote:
bump!

The gathering is planned for this Friday, but so far attendance is still somewhat limited.

List so far:
robwinton
roz
sandy67

admin
Administrator

20-02-2008 06:58 PM

I'll be there, though may be a few minutes late depending on a previous errand.

robwinton

20-02-2008 07:17 PM

excellent! thanks se?or admin.

robwinton

22-02-2008 10:39 AM

last bump (honest).

One thing on the menu today will be a chat about where & when the next events should be held (lunch vs. evening, dates, venues). If you are keen to influence it, pop your head in from 1.30pm

shzl400

22-02-2008 12:44 PM

Not a bump, but a grump. For those of us who actually go out and do an honest days work (none of this namby pamby working from home stuffRofl), why did you not take the rare opportunity of meeting on a Saturday when the 23rd actually falls on a Saturday??

robwinton

22-02-2008 12:49 PM

well, a good point cheekily made

When it first started it was only a way for those of us who happen to be in SE23 at lunch times because we are working, looking after the family, work locally, etc. to get together. It has rather expanded from there.

We "namby-pamby work-from-home types" rather miss out on the social side of office life, so it was to give a reason to get out of the house more than anything.

I think we probably all have other things to do on Saturday lunch rather than this, so it was not the main plan, but I did suggest we might try one or two Saturdays if there was some interest (maybe a summer bring-your-own-picnic gathering in the Horniman Gardens for example?)

thenutfield

23-02-2008 01:29 AM

well then, how did it go?

robwinton

23-02-2008 01:31 AM

I'm still recovering from the shear excitement. I'll let you know tomorrow when the alcohol has worn off, the entertainers have left and the police have dropped all charges

Smile

Sandy67

23-02-2008 02:50 AM

did it go?

i'm sorry i didnt make it after all .. (sister in law with iminent baby drama)

Piers_Gibbon

24-02-2008 12:54 PM

let me know about the next one!
(freelancer going mad inside soundproofed recording studio)

robwinton

24-02-2008 09:36 PM

OK, since some of you have asked.

I popped along on Monday as planned and can happily report that I met 4 other members of the Forest Hill Society in the Lemon Grove. Unfortunately, only 1, other than me, was there for the 23 Club, the rest were there doing what good members of the FHS do and supporting local businesses.

Now, I always knew that most of you are away during the day, so I didn't expect too many people - there are only a few of us who run businesses from home after all. However, in combination with half term and in competition with the "Slinging Mamas" over at the Horniman, I guess this was doomed.

Thank you to Mr Admin, who also happens to be the other member of the FHS present, I was not alone in that dreaded "Johnny No-Mates" way I feared. In fact he and I had a great conversation until we were the last ones there. Great food by the way (I had the red curry) and good coffee.

I still think that there is a potential for a lunch club for those of us who are around during the week, so we should try again in March. Once again, the 23rd falls awkwardly being Easter Sunday, so I am aiming for the Tuesday 25th instead. Any suggestions for the next venue? We could try HOP, but I'm not sure where you might do lunch that direction.

I don't mind the event being small, but it would be nice if we had a few people fairly committed to coming along if this is to be worth organising again. If you are around, or work from home occasionally and could organise for it to be that day, it would be great to meet a few new people.

Sandy67

24-02-2008 10:32 PM

on monday ???

i thought it was sposed to be friday ?

Pages (6): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields