SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Topic Closed  Post Topic 
Dog barking on Marler Road and driving me mad!!!
mgmonkey

11-08-2010 10:36 PM

Not sure if it's the same Jack Russell, this one is on Vancouver Road between Hurstbourne Rd & Carholme Rd & it is now driving me nuts.

We've recently moved to the road & on unloading the lorry I could here a dog barking continuously, (a Saturday afternoon). I said to the lady, "that sounds like a jack russell" & found it amusing.....at first.

I grew up with a Jack Russell at home. My parents are now on their 4th.
I know what they are like & I know that when it started barking in the garden, we got it inside asap so as not to annoy the neighbours. So I love Jacks, but allowing this one to bark away in the garden is not on. Kids & maybe some adults are trying to sleep, or for those with living rooms at the back of house watch tv, read a book etc.

Our bedroom is at the back of the house, so normally we aren't in there until later in the evening, by which time I'd imagine the pooch is inside quietly mini barking in it's sleep. But I've still some unpacking to do & within the space of 9.15pm to 10:15pm the dog has gone on a barking spree on 3 occasions.

I feel very sorry for any kids trying to sleep in the area.

A dog will generally only need to go out to go to the loo a couple of times in the evening. If the dog is being let out every time it waits at the back door, it only wants to get out there because it would actually prefer to be in the garden barking at noises, squirrels, hedgehogs, cats etc, & by letting the dog out to do just that isn't helping.

Obviously, once anyone gets a bee in their bonnet about anything, any occurrence can will make it flare up, but it also means the annoyed will start acknowledging when & for how long.

I fear that will now also be me.

Find all posts by this user

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Dog barking on Marler Road and driving me mad!!! - mgmonkey - 11-08-2010 10:36 PM