SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Topic Closed  Post Topic 
Dog barking on Marler Road and driving me mad!!!
orangeone

03-08-2010 10:08 AM

As the owner of the dog in question, I would like to defend ourselves and comment that I think it is somewhat inappropriate to post on a public forum such as this without coming to reasonably discuss this with us first.
However I would like to apologise if you are being disturbed by our Jack Russell. We have had him for over a year and this is the first complaint we have recieved. It should be noted that he is not the only dog in the street and other dogs also bark at night. Our dog at times in the evening does go outside and bark at the neighbours cat. We are trying to stop him doing this but as you can appreciate we cannot stop him entirely as he is a dog afterall. It should also be noted that given we have a young baby, we are in bed by 9.30pm most nights so we are not talking late either. He is a loved and well trained dog and now that you have noted that this is a problem (although no one else in the street has complained, and we know most of our neighbours very well), we have stopped him going outside freely at night (through his dog door), and are going out with him for brief times only in order to be neighbourly.
I would also like to add that your manner when knocking on our door has not been that of a 'madwoman' although it has been very hostile and rude, which us a shame as we are a reasonable dog loving young couple, who have good relationships with our other neighbours on Marler Road...

Find all posts by this user

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Dog barking and driving me mad!!! - orangeone - 03-08-2010 10:08 AM