SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Topic Closed  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Dog barking on Marler Road and driving me mad!!!
meduza

15-08-2010 11:06 AM

Thank you for the attempts that you have made with retraining your dog. I understand that this is probably difficult in light of the fact that you have had a baby recently and time is probably quite precious, i would like to also say i am fully aware that your dog has not been the only dog barking but i can only discuss your dog with you. I too am a dog lover and am not on a witch-hunt and am not blaming your dog solely for the noise. As you pointed out we have problems with planes, foxes, traffic, bin-men etc> I have lived on Marler road for over 10 yrs and am quite used to those noises so am not being unrealistic in my expectations towards my environment. I complained to you personally perhaps in a terse manner but would you have listened or taken me seriously if i had asked you in a convivial manner? I would again like to thank you for your attempts.

Find all posts by this user
piglet

15-08-2010 12:39 PM

I wonder if the dog in question is neutered?

If it is not it should be.....

megan

15-08-2010 02:46 PM

Sorry piglet what difference would that make?

piglet

15-08-2010 02:56 PM

Two reasons:

1] It would calm the dog down.

2] If the owners are responsible dog owners as they claim this would be evidence of their responsibility.

Anything else I can help with?

Snazy

15-08-2010 03:02 PM

Neutering a dog is a mixed bag, not proven effective method of sorting all kinds of issues out, but certainly helps with mating craze etc.
As for the comment of showing they are responsible I'm not quite sure how that one fits. Yes if not breeding then it's a good course of action to take, but without knowing the people it's a little prejudgemental, as are a lot of comments on this thread.

piglet

15-08-2010 03:15 PM

Thanks Snazy.

Clearly you hold a biased view.

It could easily be arranged for a barking dog to be outside your abode 24/7.

squashst

15-08-2010 03:41 PM

It may be that the moderator needs to look at this thread. Generating more heat than light.

piglet

15-08-2010 03:49 PM

Typical killjoy comment.

Go the whole hog and call in the Police and Prime Minister..... I would suggest Mr Dowd too but he is impossible to get hold of when there is a crisis.

Snazy

15-08-2010 04:36 PM

Lol why would you assume I am in some way biased? Based on the results found by the various dog clubs I am a member of I am just stating the facts I am furnished with. Because it does not agree with your opinion it doesn't make it biased.

Please do make these arrangements, I am sure my pair will have a quiet chat with it and put it in it's place. Personally I am one for keeping their behaviour in check, and they tend to make that impression on other dogs. Thumbup

pinkfizz

16-08-2010 02:50 PM

you sound mad enough meduza, without the dog driving you so. methinks it is time you went and got yourself a life. for goodness sake the people who own the dog have sent a perfectly reasonable response to you about their dog. they sound, to me like, normal (not mad) people - i know who i believe! all dogs will bark a little - all dogs bark at cats - it is when they bark continuously, they cause a nuisance. This dog is clearly not doing that, so stop being so vindictive.

piglet

16-08-2010 03:11 PM

pinkfizz

you sound like you have too much time on your hands and I wonder if you are the owner of the dog posting under a different name....

Mrjamon

16-08-2010 03:24 PM

I think there are quite a few people here with waaaay too much time on their hands in regards to these threads. Nonetheless, always worth a read for a chuckle when I need a break from work. Keep up the good work folks.

Just thought I'd break my silence in defence of the dog owner (I'm not one by the way). Who seemed very reasonable with both posts and just wanted he/her to know that some of us are not with the witch burning brigade.

woof woof.

meduza

19-08-2010 08:37 PM

Pink fizz, You obviously havnt' read the thread from the beginning..perhaps you are one of those people with not enough time on your hands??

Cookie

19-08-2010 09:29 PM

PinkFiz, I don't understand what is mad about anyone. The only mad thing i see is that you haven't read that the dog IS constantly barking and you can't spell properly. 'Methinks' is that how you actually write or are you trolling? I hope you are if not 'Methinks' you should go get spelling lessons:-)
I believe that the owner is trying but perhaps doesn't quite know how to stop the dog from barking , and frankly hasn't the time to find out. To me it looks like this thread has gone off the tracks and now is starting on the right road to becoming a game of insults and taking sides.
As 4 Mrjamon I agree these are quite funny when you are bored!

Perryman

19-08-2010 11:31 PM

A special treat for those who really like listening to sock puppets:
Paper Village - Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre

robin orton

20-08-2010 06:48 AM

'Cookie' wrote:

Quote:
'Methinks' is that how you actually write or are you trolling? I hope you are if not 'Methinks' you should go get spelling lessons:-)

So how should you spell 'methinks'?

admin
Administrator

20-08-2010 07:14 AM

It seems this thread is going nowhere so now would be a good time to bring it to a close.

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields