SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Think We Should Count Ourselves Lucky
ForestHillier

29-07-2010 12:38 PM

Have you all been reading about the poor old guy who come out of his local mosque with is granddaughter and was beaten up in a happy slap attack, the poor guy later died and the people who did it, only got 8 years between the 2 of them, this happened in Tooting, by all accounts, these sort of gangs are roaming all over Wandsworth, there was also a lad of 14 beaten into a coma just around the corner from where the old man was attacked and recently they caught a gang called the G Block boys or something who were like something out of A Clockwork Orange, so give me FH anytime even if our Council tax is high compared to Tooting/Wandsworth

Please let me know what you think of their sentances, I for think they are appauling

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ian Bull

29-07-2010 03:17 PM

Ehem! Wandsworth is a large Borough and Tooting is only a small part of it. The vast majority of the Borough is mercifully free of the sort of human detritus that carried out this callous murder. Most people in Wandsworth certainly count themselves lucky to live there.

As for the sentences, even if they were deemed 'appropriate' in this case, what example do they set? Absolutely appalling, I only hope there can be an appeal on grounds of undue leniency.

brian

29-07-2010 07:36 PM

Yes sentences outrageous

These judges living in their closeted areas. Should be strung up or the very least 15 years with NO remission.

ForestHillier

30-07-2010 07:36 AM

They are reviewing the case

Ian - you appear to know a lot about Wandsworth, I do know that most residents are fine law abiding citizens, yet they do have many gangs/crime in the borough

ForestHillier

30-07-2010 07:37 AM

Why do you say that most count themselves lucky to live in Wandsworth ??

Because if you look at the forum that someone posted on here for Ex FH Pat, they are many that would disagree

Brockley_Babe

30-07-2010 11:18 AM

rather than criticise lenient sentences you can take action and write to the Attorney General and ask him to review the case as an unduly lenient senetence. I agree sentences these days do seem lenient but Judges are under pressure from the government not to send people to prison as our prisons are so overcrowded Sad
this is wholly unacceptable to many law abiding people - we want them out of general circulation so they can't mug/assault/murder/rape again

brian

30-07-2010 12:14 PM

As this was murder should not be filling up our prisons if Government reintroduced Capitol Punishment.

Murder used to be really very rare when I was young in 50's or 60's. Seems very common nowadays although often parades under another name such as manslaughter

ForestHillier

30-07-2010 12:26 PM

Will have to agree with you Brian, very rare when I was growing up in the 60,s & 70,s - if a murder was reported near to where you lived, it was headline news, now its just, oh well, another one bites the dust, I for one, think the streets are much more dangerous now than they were in the 60,s & 70,s, think the problems started to take off once we reached the 80,s for some reason that I cannot answer

Ian Bull

30-07-2010 03:43 PM

Hullo Foresthillier,

I took your advice and looked up the posts by 'ex HF Pat'. It seem to me that he or she has taken a dislike to Wandsworth because it elects a Tory council.

I suspect that ex FH Pat's political views may be blinding them to the Borough's virtues. Shouldn't an area's political preferences be meaningless? If its pleasant, it's pleasant.

To get back to comparing FH with Wandsworth. We're talking about SE23 and Wandsworth comprises of SW8, SW11, SW12, SW15, SW18, part of SW4 and a good chunk of SW16. Being so much larger, Wandsworth is bound to contain greater diversity than SE23. It's not really possible to draw a comparison is it?

Baboonery

01-08-2010 10:29 PM

Another valuable crime thread with sensible opinions.

Strung up? Really? How thuggish and contrary to everything this forum is supposed to stand for.

Baboonery

01-08-2010 10:37 PM

By the way, there has been an offence of manslaughter in this country since the 16th century. I am glad the distinction exists and dread to think what a hideous country we would be in if no such distinction was made.

ForestHillier

02-08-2010 07:15 AM

No Ian, we cannot compare FH with the whole of Wandswort, I was using Wandsworth as that is the Borough that Tooitng is in,if you compare FH will Tooting where 3 of these attacks took place, then Im sure that we should count ourselves lucky, not saying that everyone in Tooting/Wandsworth is in a gang or up to crime, yet the figures do speak for themselves, you are safer in FH

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  You Can Thank Your Lucky Stars Ex FH Pat 0 1,978 25-05-2010 09:23 AM
Last Post: Ex FH Pat