SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Considering a move to Queenswood Road
jaykayla

07-08-2010 06:51 PM

Hi there, we are considering a move to Queenswood Road. I just wondered if anyone lived on that road or nearby and had any comments that would help us in our decision (good or bad).

Thanks very much in advance.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sharon Baldock

09-08-2010 10:21 AM

I live in Queenswood Road - it is a lovely road. Did you know that Silvana Rowe - the chef at Baltic lives there - plus the Headmaster of Forest Hill Boys..... Nice community - apart from one or two. Mainly professional people.......

Have Sydenham Gardens Nature Reserve - lovely spot....

rshdunlop

09-08-2010 10:45 AM

I live on Mayow Road, near the corner of Queenswood Road. Queenswood is a lovely, quiet road. Even Mayow Road is quiet in the evenings, bar the odd lairy person at the bus stop!

The only downside to this corner of FH is that the traffic gets heavy when the schools open and close, as there is such a concentration of schools in the area (three on Mayow Road, one on Adamsrill, one on Champion Road, and probably some others, I stopped counting). However, that is just 15 minutes twice a day and if you are out at work all day you'll never notice it.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields