SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
boundary between honor oak and forest hill?
Contrary Mary

23-09-2010 02:08 PM

I second lacb: "Peckham" is the missing link. ("East Dulwich" has crept steadily eastwards throughout the area's gentrification - if you really want to annoy residents of genuine LL + tributaries ED, do it in reverse and call ED "West Peckham" Rofl)

I grew up calling the area between Brenchley Gardens and the start of Rye Lane "Peckham Rye" and always thought of the area northwards from Rye Lane as Peckham itself. Because this is so close to the top of the hill, I also used it as the reference for clueless North Londoners, as in "Up the hill from Peckham Rye" Only Fools and Horses and the memory of the mid-80s riots generally ensured that they would then know where I was talking about better than when I mentioned Brixton, Lewisham (blank looks), or Dulwich.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: boundary between honor oak and forest hill? - Contrary Mary - 23-09-2010 02:08 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Boundary Commission constituency revision for Forest Hill rbmartin 3 5,489 18-10-2012 04:20 PM
Last Post: NewForester
  Forest Hill and Honor Oak on the ELL nevermodern 1 5,390 20-05-2010 03:55 PM
Last Post: NewForester