SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
boundary between honor oak and forest hill?
spud

06-07-2010 10:55 AM

For what it's worth, the map in my head more or less corresponds with Michael's version. I've lived in Honor Oak for about 12 years and grew up down the road in pre-gentrification East Dulwich.

So I'd put Canonbie Road in Forest Hill Road. Just about. Cross Forest Hill Road and you'd be in Honor Oak. East Dulwich ends where the SE22 postcodes run out (Wood Vale?) so we can exclude that possibility. But I can see why the OP is puzzled because the road is close to the junction of three neighbourhoods.

Honor Oak Park is the 'official' name for the Honor Oak area but I never heard a local ever refer to it as anything other than Honor Oak.

(And I can officially confirm that residents might imagine somebody to be either an estate agent or a bit of a **** if they claimed to live in some mythical Narnia called 'Dulwich Borders'! Perish the thought indeed.)

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: boundary between honor oak and forest hill? - spud - 06-07-2010 10:55 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Boundary Commission constituency revision for Forest Hill rbmartin 3 5,463 18-10-2012 04:20 PM
Last Post: NewForester
  Forest Hill and Honor Oak on the ELL nevermodern 1 5,386 20-05-2010 03:55 PM
Last Post: NewForester