SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
boundary between honor oak and forest hill?
ladywotlunches

06-07-2010 09:28 AM

Until Mr Beeching got his way in the 50s, there used to be a railway station where the flats are on FH road, opposite Brenchley Gardens. This was called 'Honor Oak' station and was on the Crystal Palace to Blackfriars line (now, how handy would that have been!)

The no. 63 buses say "Honor Oak" on the front of them, and they terminate further down the hill on FH road, opposite the Turkish supermarket.

Honor Oak Park station is closest to me, and I love the village feel of HOP (with all the nice local shops opening) so I consider that I live in Honor Oak, and that's where I say I live to locals. But to those further afield, I say I live in Forest Hill as they get that (or failing that for North Londoners, 'near Dulwich' seems to work!)

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: boundary between honor oak and forest hill? - ladywotlunches - 06-07-2010 09:28 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Boundary Commission constituency revision for Forest Hill rbmartin 3 5,477 18-10-2012 04:20 PM
Last Post: NewForester
  Forest Hill and Honor Oak on the ELL nevermodern 1 5,388 20-05-2010 03:55 PM
Last Post: NewForester