SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Dog c**p around Garthorne, Gabriel, Ackroyd & Bovill
sandy

11-08-2010 06:08 PM

While I agree that it is very unpleasant, not to say potentially a health hazard, some of the language and suggestions seem to be out of all proportion to the crime e.g. posting the guy's photo around the area. I don't think there are any easy answers to persuading people to be more conscious of others but referring matters to more official people might help if we all consistently did this. I only say this as I, for one, have on several occasions felt so angry about some examples of what might be considered anti-social behaviour but I know addressing someone in that frame of mind can just exacerbate matters. However following it up requires time and effort. It is regrettable that some people in positions of influence provide negative examples in their use of inflammatory language which serves to stoke up righteous indignation (Frank Field MP on particular 'types' of parent) which in the end has little effect in dealing with bigger social issues.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Dog c**p around Garthorne, Gabriel, Ackroyd & Bovill - sandy - 11-08-2010 06:08 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Parking in Grierson, Gabriel, Garthorne, Ackroyd etc etc SandG 0 2,812 07-07-2010 10:20 PM
Last Post: SandG