SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Dog c**p around Garthorne, Gabriel, Ackroyd & Bovill
davidl

07-07-2010 03:42 PM

I've always found the council to be very responsive when I've let them know about things like this (they even let you use an iPhone app to report litter etc).

Personally, I don't think the stencils do any good. They quickly become indistinct, and I don't think that a dog owner is ever going to look at one and think "Oh, this must be one of those footpaths I'm not meant to leave mess on" and change their approach.

And we're left with a mess of yellow paint which the street cleaning people can do absolutely nothing about.

To the poster who asked if it was a big concern for the area, I really don't think it is. Certainly Lewisham makes more of an effort on these sorts of things than a number of other London boroughs (based somewhat unscientifically on my own observations while walking around).

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Dog c**p around Garthorne, Gabriel, Ackroyd & Bovill - davidl - 07-07-2010 03:42 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Parking in Grierson, Gabriel, Garthorne, Ackroyd etc etc SandG 0 2,812 07-07-2010 10:20 PM
Last Post: SandG