SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next > Last »
Dog c**p around Garthorne, Gabriel, Ackroyd & Bovill
edd

15-08-2010 09:31 AM

Oh, I don't think that would happen. The most he could shriek is 'criminal', surely?

Sad

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Southlonder

16-08-2010 05:57 PM

i saw an old woman letting her dog **** on garthorne road this morning and was about to tell her off when she took out a bag to scoop it up, so at least one person is cleaning up after their dog

tripandfuschia

17-08-2010 08:53 PM

I'd be interested to know if the snt has done anything. I see 3 off the lead ,staffies? using a small grassy area off dunoon rd everyday. There are 20 separate turds there today ( I counted them) I have reported it to the snt team with the descriptions and exact times they come ( it is the same everday) SNT have said they never see them, they have offered to meet me but have not done so, and they have told me to phone their number when I see the dogs, but when I do the answering machine is on. Is this typical?

Jon Lloyd

18-08-2010 12:42 PM

I suggest the following - any time you walk past the fella in the photo, you mutter, just audibly 'spaghetti'. If we all do it, he'll think he's going insane, will then in fact go insane, and consequently have his dog taken away.

mrcee

18-08-2010 03:24 PM

Apologies, I have been away for a little while and can confirm thats the guy my partner saw. We will also pass his photo across the SNT and hopefully they will do something about it.

Its quite hard to change this behaviour especially when we seem to have quite a few offenders in the area however with enough pressure people will stop and think.

junegapi

18-08-2010 03:54 PM

It must be the Silly Season! 3 pages on some doggy do should be all over and done, instead of do, even in August.

Londondrz

19-08-2010 10:59 AM

Not really silly season if this happens:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/838444-toddl...n-dogs-poo

Londondrz

19-08-2010 11:26 AM

Should we post a few of these up?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-11016962

sleepingcities

19-08-2010 07:04 PM

Saw this on Ebsworth Street.
Well done to who ever did it.

I think the owners think they're just too cool to pick up their dogs do-do. Young boys that share their brains with their mutt. Pathetic.
Might just go round their house and **** on their front step.

tripandfuschia

19-08-2010 07:36 PM

It's perhaps not so easy to ignore it when you see over twenty craps in an area perhaps four feet by four, and when ,despite seeing the three staffies and the 3 people regularly together letting their dogs run off the lead and c**p everysingle day right outside your house and sometimes in your front garden and you cant do anything because the snt team.1) do not answer emails, 2) do not answrer their phone, 3) do not contact to arrange a meeting despite promising to, 4) Do not call back when messages are left. has anyone managed to get the SNT to do anything? Sgt mcdonald repiled back in april but he was about to leave, but since he left I have got nowhere.

Hawkesrah

19-08-2010 07:58 PM

Trip
This problem re dangerous dogs and their irresponsible owners has gone on for a long time. I believe its a product of weak government firstly by labour and now the new lot are doubtful. As for the SNT they have no real muscle power and are rarely seen. I saw one of them an overweight young woman who definately could not run as fast as me and I am 62.

sleepingcities

19-08-2010 09:36 PM

Tripandfushia, you say they are ******** in your front garden. Outrageous!
Apparently olbas oil is a very good deterrent.
As is Jeyes Fluid

kemamira

27-08-2010 06:34 PM

I'm quite surprised that no-one has responded to Londondrz's email.

I followed the link to Hastings Borough Council and they have three versions of their poster which I think are rather excellent:

http://www.hastings.gov.uk/animal_nuisan...oster1.pdf
http://www.hastings.gov.uk/animal_nuisan...oster2.pdf
http://www.hastings.gov.uk/animal_nuisan...oster3.pdf

So excellent in fact that I've ammended it so that we can use it locally Thumbsup Yes, it might 'offend' a few people but not as many people as are offended by dog s**t everywhere.

For those frail people who worry about putting up council numbers, this mobile number is quoted on the Animal Welfare answering machine and when I spoke to the Animal Welfare Officer she was fine about me phoning her up if I witnessed it happening.

So for Trip and anyone else who witnesses anything you can call Animal Welfare on 020 8314 2098 or their mobile 07947 306530. They can be emailed on animalwelfare@lewisham.gov.uk.

Dog fouling is NOT something to generally report to the SNT who have bigger things to deal with but if you know where the offender lives, or can give specific information to assist them, I have been told by SNT that they WILL go and visit this person.

If anyone wants to ask me specific questions about this or get a copy of the poster to tape up on their local lamposts, send me a private message here on SE23.com.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

kemamira

27-08-2010 06:42 PM

In response to Sleepingcities suggestion of olbas oil being a deterent, we heard that a used tea bag soaked in olbas oil would deter foxes from crapping in our garden. We dropped a couple in the most frequentled places and the next morning were disappointed to see that they had been ripped open by the foxes who were obviuously attracted to the smell! Aaaaaargh! Cursing

I've also heard that Jeyes fluid is good so we're going to try that next but I guess it will be a more unpleasant smell for us too. I heard that the best thing to stop a dog lifting it's leg on a tree or a lampost is to spray Jeyes.

Snazy

27-08-2010 07:05 PM

Sorry for the silly question but what does dog fouling have to do with animal welfare?

tripandfuschia

27-08-2010 08:00 PM

I saw the same two men with their staffies at 6.50 pm yesterday letting their dogs foul the grassy area at Dunoon rd /Haredon close. I have called the snt three times this week and emailed them. Still they have not replied. Their answer machine says they will call backin 24 hours . I ronically I saw the PCSOs leafletting about burglary. I missed them when they came to put the leaflet through my door. Im not really sure why uniformed PCSOs are spending their time leafletting when there isnt time to return a phonecall about a crime which has been being committed by the same people since March when I first contacted them any other experiences of the snt as far as dogs go?

kemamira

27-08-2010 08:28 PM

Tripandfuschia - call the Animal Welfare Officer as I said.

The SNT AREN'T INTERESTED in chasing dog owners because, not surprisingly, it's low on their list: burglary, car theft, muggings etc etc.

Call the people who are active in trying to stop dog fouling - the Animal Welfare Dept

Snazy

27-08-2010 09:42 PM

Still confused as to why it's an animal welfare issue, but please someone is taking it on board.

tripandfuschia

02-09-2010 10:16 AM

I tried contacting the snt because I was advised by Lewisham council to do so. As dog fouling is an offence, and as the same 2 or 3 men were here twice a day at a regular times with 3 staffie? type dogs, off the lead on a public road, etc etc for a three month period using a very small area of public land as a dog toilet and not clearing it up, I think contacting snt is reasonable isnt it? Who else are you supposed to contact? What else are you supposed to do? I could follow the men home and give the snt their address but im not sure that would be the advice of the police. What I have done is to do what I can do which is to give times, location and descriptions. Dog fouling is an offence.......who will issue fines / stop people from doing it if not the police......in this case I have followed the councils advice to contact the most low level local part of the police who are supposed to be responding to the concerns of the locl residents whose taxes pay for their existence arent they? I would rather the snt looked at issues like dog fouling than walked around leafletting in the last week of August telling people not to leave their windows open during the summer.
The snt have now made contact, thankyou snt.

kemamira

02-09-2010 10:45 AM

I understand your irritation and frustration trip but Lewisham are passing the buck. Twice I've been told by them to contact SNT but when I spoke to Sgt Deacon at SNT he told me that Lewisham should take this on.

Did you call the Animal Welfare mobile number? I've just spoken to them again and Kay there is very helpful and they are doing a lot to stop this. I've mentioned the Dunoon Rd issue to her and she's going to mention it to the wardens. I've posted her mobile number in a previous thread and I strongfly recommend you call her and not the SNT who are policemen and have more important things to concentrate on. Lewisham are wrong to tell you to contact SNT, they are passing the buck.

FACT Lewisham is responsible for prosecuting offendendres
FACT Animal Welfare Officers can issue fixed penalty notices to offenders

Obviously SNT will act if they witness anyone letting their dog foul in a public place but we should all report our concerns to Animal Welfare or Environmental Services in the first instance.

I'm done with this thread. It's pretty obvious to me what we all need to do.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Parking in Grierson, Gabriel, Garthorne, Ackroyd etc etc SandG 0 2,783 07-07-2010 10:20 PM
Last Post: SandG