SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
More than ten reasons not to move to Bromley
roz

24-02-2008 10:56 PM

For a moment I thought you were talking about Beckenham. That really does seem a world apart and/ or straight out of the 1950's. My opticians in FH closed down a few years ago and I was transferred to their Beckenham branch - I overheard conversations between the staff there voicing concerns about having to deal with
' rabble' from Forest Hill.

To me Bromley is functional but not easily accessed by rail unlike Croydon, so its not my favourite shopping spot. If taking the time to drive from FH to Bromley for shopping you are better driving a little further on to Tunbridge Wells where the shops are better and the overall urban environment a lot more pleasant.

However you'd never catch me moving either to Bromley or Tunbridge Wells- if we ever tire of London we'd be off to Brighton- that other well known London suburb.....

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: More than ten reasons not to move to Bromley - roz - 24-02-2008 10:56 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  More than 10 reasons not to move to Brighton Fish Face 8 9,111 05-08-2008 01:28 PM
Last Post: SophieBee