SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
More than ten reasons not to move to Bromley
baggydave

24-02-2008 06:54 PM

A serious question - is Croydon or Bromley more small townish (ie not a particularly nice place to go on a Friday or Sat night).

Oh, and my issues with Bromley are -

Those trendy lefties who talk about how wonderful it is to live in cosmopolitan SE23, and how much they support local state education and then at the first opportunity move to the outer boroughs.

And some of the horrid rascist/xenophobic/small island/homophobic comments people have made to me on the assumption that being of white European extraction that I will be in total agreement.

Anyway I've said all of this before. Whilst Bromley is perhaps no different to any other similar outpost of the British Empire, it doesn't excuse it.

Oh and the pubs are bad as well, but probably no better or worse than Lewisham High Street.
Funny thing that I heard from a resident living there is that now there was a Primark, they had to move out as it was attracting the wrong sorts.

BD - never misses an opportunity

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: More than ten reasons not to move to Bromley - baggydave - 24-02-2008 06:54 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  More than 10 reasons not to move to Brighton Fish Face 8 9,112 05-08-2008 01:28 PM
Last Post: SophieBee