SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 Next > Last »
More Lies
jon14

02-07-2010 01:14 PM

Ex FH Pat - your post is nonsense for the followign reason:

You're saying the Tories have lied because they're not delivering their manifesto commitments. But the Tories weren't elected as a majority government. In which case, they chose to form a partnership. They could have ruled as a minority, but that's by the by.

With partnership comes compromise. Do you think it would be fair for the Liberals to support the Tories in coalition without some policy concessions?

It really isn't rocket science.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gingernuts

02-07-2010 01:20 PM

Ex-FH Pat - there is no Tory Manifasto. We've got a cobbled together agreement between 2 groups. Not satisfactory I admit, but without a clear majority there is no way the Tories would be able to get anything through Parliament. On that note be very careful what you vote for in the Alternative Vote referendum coming up soon, which could give us a permanent wishy-washy form of government! Scared

Ex FH Pat

02-07-2010 01:21 PM

Then surely they should still be using some of the manifesto that they both shouted about before the election and not completly changing it as I dont remember either of the points I made being in the LIB/DEM manifesto, maybe Im wrong yet I dont recall seeing them

gingernuts

02-07-2010 01:24 PM

to be honest I havent got around to reading those manifestos yet myself! Smile

jon14

02-07-2010 01:37 PM

Ex FH Pat wrote:
Then surely they should still be using some of the manifesto that they both shouted about before the election and not completly changing it as I dont remember either of the points I made being in the LIB/DEM manifesto, maybe Im wrong yet I dont recall seeing them

It doesn't work like that, as if you give one big consession (i.e the tax band, taking many out of the tax system altogether) then you're going to need to make savings elsewhere.

shzl400

02-07-2010 05:13 PM

Good grief,EX FH Pat, chill out - this heat really does seem to be getting you hot under the collar.

1. All politicians lie - it's almost part of the job description. They promise you nice things to get you to vote for them and then the practicalities catch up with them and they have to backpedal. It's not new to the Tories, the Labour party have been doing for the last 10 plus years.

2. Why go to the lengths of having your profile removed? If it upsets you so much, just stop visiting the site. Are you paranoid that we'll extract the proverbial in your absence?

3. Ghis (and I don't know why you insist on putting her all in shouty caps) seems to me to make very reasonable points.

4. I think that HOP'ers generally would agree (no doubt they will correct me with some vigour if they do no) that they are those living in the roads in the street grids to the north and south of the road called Honor Oak Park between the station and the traffic lights. North up until the church, or maybe as far as Brockley Jack, south also perhaps as far as the church. East of Brockley Rise/Stondon Road is more nebulous - they may call themselves Blythe Hillers or Crofton Parkers, but they are ALL still within SE23. As for me, I reckon I'm an Honor Oaker (no park) as I live west of the station.

junegapi

02-07-2010 06:15 PM

I live in Honor Oak Road, so I'm a HOR. I do spend a lot of time waiting for the P4, at the bus stop. But as I'm over 65 only the bus stops for me. I've read most of the rubbish posted by Ex FH Pat. I suspect he's angry that Cameron has got together with Clegg thereby capturing one of the few good and honest Parliamentarians by name of Vince Cable who will always be remembered by his speech about Brown becoming Mr Bean!

ForestHillier

05-07-2010 07:41 AM

Now Im not defending Pat in anyway, yet some of his points were correct, yes agree that all politicians lie, yet this was something else

For the record - Sevenoaks Road which is across the road from the Brockley Jack is in SE4 as is the Brockley Jack pub

What I think Pat was doing was trying to put GHIS on the spot as GHIS had a little moan about Pat posting things that were not about SE23 in the SE23 forum, so Pat was in some strange way looking for something that was in the SE23 forum that did bot belong there, very odd

Also agree some of his posts were a bit ott, yet dont think we should stop people who live outside of FH posting

Ghis

05-07-2010 08:16 AM

I am wondering if ForestHillier is just Ex FH Pat under another name or shouting "GHIS" in posts is now a new fashion?

The real reason I replied to the original post was because of this line:

"And before Michael pipes up, this is not just a Wandsworth Borough rant, it is a rant for all residents of the UK"

I felt that it was an unfair and gratuitous pop at Michael.

As this line was also making it clear that it was aimed at all resident of the UK, hence not a SE23 only thread, I asked why it was posted in the SE23 only? I usually ignore most political posts (enough of those in comments in most news websites).

I come here because it is the best place to know what is happening locally.

ForestHillier

05-07-2010 09:11 AM

Hi Ghis - no im not Ex FH Pat, apologies for putting GHIS, no malice or anything intended by writing in capitals

Maybe Pat should have written the post a little bit better than by putting " and before michael pipes up " as it is slightly rude and is putting a red rag down, surprise Michael as not written back, suppose he cant be bothered

In pats defence - maybe he just posted without thinking and did it so quickly that he did not realise it was in the wrong place

BarCar

05-07-2010 04:12 PM
ForestHillier

05-07-2010 08:08 PM

Barcar

up to you what you believe, for the record, I live oppposite the Esso garage, near the big house just before Eliot Bank, its called The Park

AMFM

06-07-2010 08:58 AM

Eh? You live in a park?

junegapi

06-07-2010 09:02 AM

Michael, where are you? We are waiting for you to 'pop up'[/size][/font]

ForestHillier

06-07-2010 09:03 AM

No the address is The Park, 95 London Road, its near Park Hill

ForestHillier

06-07-2010 10:15 AM

would imagine that Michael has chose to ignore ex fh pat, maybe we should all ignore most of his posts as they seem to be written very fast without any thought given or seeing all the facts, just really mindless rants [ expect i will get an ear full from pat for this, if he still writes on here that is, maybe he has given up and now writes on another forum ]

rshdunlop

06-07-2010 12:13 PM

What a nice welcome to the forum for Foresthillier! Are we going to frisk every new member to make sure they are not Ex FH Pat?

ForestHillier

06-07-2010 01:31 PM

Its ok, no harm done, would be the same myself

gingernuts

06-07-2010 03:33 PM

I'm Ex FH Pat ...and so is my wife!

ForestHillier

07-07-2010 06:43 AM

Thanks for clearing that up Gingernuts [ ex fh pat ], what I want to know is who is Sparticus [ think it is incorrectly spelt ]

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields