SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
First Capital Connect
Mangohead

28-06-2010 12:22 PM

Is there anyone on this forum who is absolutely fed up with FCC from Catford? I can't be the only one who is getting really upset and stressed at their rubbish service? My journey last week Friday was 2.5 hours from Farringdon and normally only takes 30 minutes.

I am on the delay and repay scheme which is minimal pay out, all I want is a reliable service, I was so pleased when it started running again as it made my journey into London easier and no changing.

I have written to our local councillors, would they respond to take steps to remove the franchise from FCC? The train passes through 4-5 Lewisham Wards and carries many commuters into London and out to Sevenoaks.

I need some support! Check out this website dedicated to the company....there seem to be more but look at the volume of complaints!
Cursing
http://www.ihatethameslink.co.uk/

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mangohead

28-06-2010 02:38 PM

Wow Responses, Can anyone on this Forum Help?
Thank you for your message which I have forwarded to the appropriate officer in transport. I am very sorry to hear of your dreadful experience with First Capital Connect. regards Susan Wise Councillor Susan WisePerry Vale Ward and Cabinet Member for Customer ServicesT/F: 0208699 6520E: Cllr_susan.wise@lewisham.gov.ukW: http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/CllrSusanWiseVisit LovePerryVale.org

Mangohead

28-06-2010 02:39 PM

I am appalled at the level of service you have received from FCC, andunderstand why you would like to see them loose the franchise, but we as acouncil cannot organize a petition, this must come from the users and wouldbe presented to the Secretary of State for Transport, The Rt Hon PhilipHammond MP.The council does have regular meetings with the transport providers and Iwill forward your email to the chair of the liaison committee.
Regards Cllr Alan Smith.

I copied and pasted this BTW before anyone starts spell/grammer checking.

HELP???

Mangohead

29-06-2010 08:33 AM

Just in case anyone would like to be kept up to date;
Response from Cllr John Paschoud;

I quite understand your annoyance with FCC!
I see Cllr Wise has already tabled this for our next Public Transport Liaison meeting with rail and bus operators. This meeting will be in September (unfortunately one was missed due to the elections and formation of the new Council), and when a date is fixed for it I can let you know if you want to attend.

John
--
Cllr John Paschoud
Labour Councillor for Perry Vale ward
T: 020 8291 5729
E: Cllr_John.Paschoud@Lewisham.gov.uk
W: http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/CllrJohnPaschoud
Visit LovePerryVale.org If you live, work, learn or play in Perry Vale - join-in!
P What's "paper"? ...and "printing"? Don't people just read emails?

rbmartin

30-06-2010 10:46 AM

Sorry for being slightly pedantic, but the service south of Blackfriars is operated by Southeastern who share the service with FCC (who take over the northern part of the line), so I'd also complain to them as well.

Mangohead

30-06-2010 11:43 AM

That's what I mean! The system is a shambles. Apparently FCC are passing my complaint to South Eatern. I will email them directly too. Now I am changing my route and going from whitechapel to Forest Hill so fed up.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields