SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
holidays and roof boxes
vhurleyp

21-06-2010 07:58 PM

we're off to cornwall but with the expanding amount of things we need to take with us to set up camp we need a roof box for our car.

now i have absolutely no idea where to start with this apart from the fact that we don't have slinky rails on the car so need a roof rack contraption and that thule seem to be most popular when scanning other peoples cars!!

any recommendations? or indeed things to avoid?

Anyone had a thule foldaway box? any good or too flappy in the wind?

thanks

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
roz

21-06-2010 08:09 PM

have you tried Halfords in Catford- they can fit both rack and box but I think you need to order them in. They also advise on type of box etc.

pearldrop

22-06-2010 08:04 PM

We have a large roof box which we are selling it is several years old but fit for purpose, but you will need a roof rack to put it on. We used it for Cornwall when several of us went. Please email us if you are interested.

Mickey

25-06-2010 06:11 PM

I think roof boxes are fabulous ideas! I would go with Roz's advice and get Halfords to do the lot!
Enjoy your roof box and holiday and let us know how you got on with your roof box...

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields