SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: 29 Ewelme Road
michael

30-05-2010 04:00 PM

A planning application has been submitted for 29 Ewelme Road. The details can be found at:
http://acolnet.lewisham.gov.uk/LEWIS-XSL...mkey=59723

Previously in 2008 permission was given for a similar development on the site:
http://acolnet.lewisham.gov.uk/LEWIS-XSL...mkey=50813
That was for 4 one bedroom, 1 two bedroom and 1 three bedroom flats (total 9 bedrooms)
The new application is for 5 one bedroom, 1 three bedroom flat, and 1 two bedroom maisonette (total 10 bedrooms)

I would be interested in the views of people living close to this site and of course you can make your opinions known directly to the planning officers by emailing planning@lewisham.gov.uk

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
roz

31-05-2010 10:24 AM

Thanks for alerting us to this. A lot of people are away for half term but I'll ask them when they get back.
Its probably not ideal but if it helps the owner do something rather than nothing it will be a good thing as the property is in a dreadful state and the hoarding looks awful. I can't see how anyone would make any money out of refurbishing it. I'll check how the detail may have changed and try and ensure that the conditions remain the same and that the Council use the powers that they have to ensure that the builders do not work on Sundays, Bank Holidays, and late into the evening as they have done on other developments close by- its against local regs but its never really stopped anyone- also given that this is walk to school route they should officially section off the pavement rather than expect people to walk over bricks etc and incur dangerous situations during loading.

matrador

10-06-2010 08:37 PM

Hi,

I own a property a few doors down and am all in favour of something being done about this eyesore. However, 5 one bed flats in a building that size may well ultimately lead to a lowering of the street.

What do other people think?

Better it's improved than nothing is done tho.

michael

05-09-2010 03:50 PM

The Forest Hill Society (as well as two neighbours) [url= http://www.foresthillsociety.com/2010/06...l]objected to this development [/url]and I'm pleased to say that the planning officers refused permission.

You can view the officer's reasons for rejection at: http://acolnet.lewisham.gov.uk/LEWIS-XSL...mkey=59723 but it comes down to too many flats in the building.

Jimbo Jones

11-09-2010 01:31 PM

Pleased to hear this as it is too many flats for the site, but agree that the building does need to be developed. I found the work carried out when the property was first bought interesting to say the least. It seemed to involve removing parts of the roof and then not covering it upConfused

michael

11-09-2010 01:40 PM

Planning permission was granted for a smaller development a couple of years ago, so there is no legal reason why work cannot begin immediately.

roz

11-09-2010 02:04 PM

I had a close look at the other day; there is a lot of cracking here and there ; it doesn't look structurally safe- not that is has been for some time but it seems to have worsened. I might ask the Council whether it warrants a dangerous structure notice.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Filming on Devonshire Road/Ewelme? julesie 1 2,873 05-09-2022 08:05 PM
Last Post: Runner_rich
  Police Street Briefing at Ewelme Road - Sat 14th Nov 12-1pm admin 1 4,296 14-11-2015 11:47 AM
Last Post: admin
  Water on Ewelme Road midlifec 50 38,970 11-02-2015 09:12 PM
Last Post: roz
  Gang of young men -Ewelme Road /Woodcombe Crescent area roz 5 7,537 23-02-2008 10:54 PM
Last Post: Sherwood