SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] Last »
Trust A Tory - Your Having A Bubble
roz

09-06-2010 08:59 PM

Watched BBC parliament channel last night (accidentally and couldn't be bothered to turn over) and heard Heidi Alexander's maiden speech. She was very impressive. I have an inkling that she'll go a long way at Westminster and I hope that she can reverse the diabolical trend of 'male and pale' leadership within the Labour Party, if not now, at some point in the future.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Crystal Palace Park

09-06-2010 09:24 PM

Yeah but not as bored as we'd have been if Gordie & co, had stayed in power. You can always rely on Labour party supporters to be bad losers. Dearie dearie dearie me just heard the first hustings - Male and Pale indeed. The arrogance of Balls, Burnham (who?)and the Nancy Milliband boys must be seen to be believed. Bring on Diane Abbott..

Belle

11-06-2010 01:14 PM

I have come late very to this but I'd like to highlight two things. The 'Iraq War' and 'Expenses'. Sorry but Tories are not the only ones that lie! They all have at one time are another, it goes with the territory! No party is perfect.

michael

11-06-2010 01:23 PM

I agree with Baboonery. Or at least I might if I could still read what he said. Angry

Crystal Palace Park

11-06-2010 09:50 PM

So, what exactly did Baboonery say that you so agree with Mike?? Was it a Nickism?

baggydave

12-06-2010 01:44 PM

Ummhh

"you can always rely on labour voters to be bad losers"

Last time labour lost was in 1992; now I can recall having a sore head and being somewhat in a state of shock, but can't recall being a bad loser. I'd love to here more of your experience Mr Clarkson.

Crystal Palace Park

15-06-2010 07:19 AM

Ah you've got a good memory baggydave and baboonery 1992, 1987, 1983....

Wonder what would Lord and Lady Kinnock say ;-)

reverendlionelblair

20-06-2010 07:55 PM

Friend of ours lost her job at an East London school the other day, she was working as an agency teacher. Cuts across Tower Hamlets apparently, a taste of things to come.

I wonder if the Tories realise that their efforts to purge the public sector of all its (possibly imagined) largesse will hit the private sector first (and probably worst).

It's all a bit depressing.

Crystal Palace Park

22-06-2010 01:53 PM

There would have been public sector cuts regardless Rev. I am sure the coalition have weighed up the pros and cons. It's a fine line between sustaining the unsustainable and avoiding catastrophic economic collapse. Would loved to have seen Labour pull it off but the country said a big fat NO. Can't imagine any one finds the current state of affairs anything but depressing. Remember it was Gordon Brown who broke his own rules!

Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields