SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Trust A Tory - Your Having A Bubble
Snazy

17-05-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:
I don't think pedestrians should be criminalised for using the road in a way convenient to them when it is safe to do so, no.

But thats NOT what jaywalking is, is it. So lets not twist it. If thats the case I assume you are all for raising speed limits on clear straight roads, motorways at night, and A roads at night.

Camera's are NOT what they are made out to be. However the one thing all road safety campaigners seem to forget when we talk about accidents is WHY was the pedestrian in the road in the first place.
All well and good saying the car should go slower, stop faster, pay more attention etc, but does the pedestrian have NO responsibility in the matter?
Also I would not think that jaywalking would be a "criminal" act.

Perryman, no, but areas with speed problems could adopt SPEC's which is FAR more effective and unlike Gatso, does not cause sudden braking, which also causes accidents.

Out of interest I am all for safer roads, but also realistic. having attended a large number of nasty accidents its interesting to see true cause, and believe me its not always speed.

Speed kills... yes, but so does stupidity.

Roz, re childcare, thats just another great example of a system thats not working, and I agree that its a bad situation. However once again im sure these people still make up a minority of the group under the microscope. It most definatly needs an overhaul, but given how long its been an issue im not sure there is any quick fix.
I dont blame the recession on GB for one second. Sure there were signs missed, but a global crash is just that.
Now we have a 5 year term to see what the Tories will do to continue the recovery. Im sure both sides will be critical of each other, but now we just have to go with the flow, with crossed fingers.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Trust A Tory - Your Having A Bubble - Snazy - 17-05-2010 02:42 PM