SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
So democracy and representation starts here?
roz

19-05-2010 10:53 PM

Dear oh dear, what have people voted in. Looking less Morecambe and Wise, perhaps more Dastardly and Muttley.

The Tories are refusing to let their backbenchers(1922 Committee) meet without ministers being present which will potentially sway any votes/decisions in favour of the Government line and clearly reducing any attempt at backbench rebellion,or heaven forbid, independent critical thinking.

The Lib Dems are asking for more tax payers money as the Civil Service support given to them as part of the government clearly is not enough and they also want the cash usually reserved for opposition parties. Still sitting on the fence.

I go back to my original question; so democracy and representation starts here, does it?

I give it 6 months until an inevitable autumn election following of course an inevitable summer of strikes and public discontent. As long as we are allowed to, that is but perhaps the right to strike will be taken away from the rest of us as it has been for BA staff , as its clear that the judiciary will forever protect the establishment.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: So democracy and representation starts here? - roz - 19-05-2010 10:53 PM