SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Schools Admissions = Absurd Or What
Baboonery

04-05-2010 11:24 AM

No need for the abuse, as I'm repeatedly told. I look forward to admin taking the appropriate action, though I won't hold my breath.

I've no idea where I've said that your child should suffer while others gain – probably just in your head.

I'm just suggesting that if you lived next to a school that wasn't so good, and your kid was forced to go there, you wouldn't be so happy about it, and might try and get them somewhere else, thereby breaking down the 'nearest first' system that you advocate.

There are other factors in play in school admissions, and while the system we have isn't perfect, no system is.

I don't have children, thank you very much, though I wasn't aware that invalidated my opinions about everything. Hopefully if and when I do, I'll still be able to see that issues are slightly more complex than 'the factor that favours me should be the only one taken into account'.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Schools Admissions = Absurd Or What - Baboonery - 04-05-2010 11:24 AM