SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Traffic calming for rat run on Devonshire Rd
shaman

05-05-2010 11:25 AM

Well, further to my comments on here about my fiancee's accident at this junction (14 January 2010), we are getting a little frustrated with the overwhelming lack of any ownership or assistance with dealing with the concerns she has.

She initially wrote a letter to Jim Dowd (16 January 2010), suggesting a ban on right hand turns out of Devonshire Road and got a response from Malcolm Smith, Executive Director for Regeneration (2 March 2010) saying that it was TFL's responsibility, so the letter had been forwarded to them.

She got no response form TFL and wrote again to Mr Smith (20 April 2010), pointing out that her concerns were related to Devonshire Road rather than the A205, suggesting that this was the council's responsibility. She also suggested that, at the very least, a sign could be erected warning of cyclists approaching.

We now have another reply (4 May 2010), this time from Darien Goodwin, Head of Transport, which sets out how the council isn't going to even approach TFL about the right turn issue, as they have had complaints about the queue length to the signals in Honor Oak Road. It is also made clear that there are no available warning signs in existence and that there has only been one recorded personal injury accident in 3 years in the vicinity of this junction (presumably this is my fiancee's?).

Overall, she is very frustrated and I'm less than impressed. Perhaps if we have a few more deaths or injuries, someone will be bothered to even investigate the issue?

In the meantime, I thank all at the council for helping me with my voting decisions tomorrow in my new borough. The blue touch paper has been lit.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Traffic calming for rat run on Devonshire Rd - shaman - 05-05-2010 11:25 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forest Hill rd, traffic calming measures - Southwark council samuelsen 0 2,568 19-09-2019 10:31 PM
Last Post: samuelsen
  Just a warning: Faulty traffic light on Devonshire/London Rd intersection. Chris88 4 6,543 12-09-2014 10:48 AM
Last Post: Chris88
  Change Devonshire Road Traffic Flow Petition yomster 4 6,958 13-10-2013 07:49 PM
Last Post: shzl400
  Change Flow of Traffic On Devonshire Road yomster 20 18,729 07-02-2013 08:44 AM
Last Post: Sherwood