SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Traffic calming for rat run on Devonshire Rd
shzl400

30-04-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:
In your post you state that traffic calming would be detrimental to the residents of the road, you do not say detrimental to some residents of the road so the implicit assumption is that everyone owns a car, or would be against traffic calming.

I do? Where? Surely you didn't get all that from "we are already humped to death"? I'm not making a legal argument here, it's just my opinion to show that other opinions are available. You've chosen your's, so let me have mine.

Quote:
the convenience of car drivers .....it involves pollution, both air and noise

Actually, the less the cars sit in jams and move freely, the less pollution caused.

Quote:
I wonder if you have some suggestions to speed up the south circular abd deal with the congestion?

I don't pretend to be a traffic engineer and to have all the answers. What my work for our area may push the congestion elsewhere. I'm sure it's very complicated.

Quote:
I would be very very happy if a fiull scale consulatation of all the residents of all the roads was carried out to find the best solution for everyone.

That's what I was referring to when I mentoned funding. It's likely it would cost more to do the consultation than to implement the proposed solution.

Just out of interest, tripandfuschia, do you drive? And do you live on or around Devonshire Road?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Traffic calming for rat run on Devonshire Rd - shzl400 - 30-04-2010 05:46 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forest Hill rd, traffic calming measures - Southwark council samuelsen 0 2,531 19-09-2019 09:31 PM
Last Post: samuelsen
  Just a warning: Faulty traffic light on Devonshire/London Rd intersection. Chris88 4 6,454 12-09-2014 09:48 AM
Last Post: Chris88
  Change Devonshire Road Traffic Flow Petition yomster 4 6,862 13-10-2013 06:49 PM
Last Post: shzl400
  Change Flow of Traffic On Devonshire Road yomster 20 18,511 07-02-2013 07:44 AM
Last Post: Sherwood