SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Traffic calming for rat run on Devonshire Rd
tripandfuschia

28-04-2010 02:29 PM

Thanks for the figures in your earlier post andrewr. Did you also have the census figures which was done last year?
I'm going to raise a few issues here and I might sound a bit pedantic , I don't mean too but I just think it has to keep being hammered to make the point. Parking on the pavement is not just for residents of Devonshire rd to consider it affects all the people who walk down Devonshire rd, many on a daily basis in
order to reach public transport which they are choosing to use. I still find it bizarre to accept that these people have their pavement space taken away in order that residents who own cars can park their cars more safely because many people who do not leave anywhere in the area choose to drive down a road which is too narrow to take two way traffic ( and in order to get there have driven down roads such as Benson, Tyson Ewelme and Dunoon etc) because they do not wish to drive down Honor Oak Rd, the south circular or Brockley Rise, which are the through routes. Any potential traffic calming in the area may increase the traffic on these roads, unfortunate for people who live on them, but they are the through routes. Maybe any potential traffic calming may also increase the time some of these motorists spend driving through Lewisham ......... there could be many consequences which are difficult to predict, maybe some of them would not use their cars to commute or maybe carbon emissions would rise, I have no idea, but it still seems odd to me that a hypothetical commute from Catford to Peckham involves driving along Benson rd.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Traffic calming for rat run on Devonshire Rd - tripandfuschia - 28-04-2010 02:29 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forest Hill rd, traffic calming measures - Southwark council samuelsen 0 2,580 19-09-2019 10:31 PM
Last Post: samuelsen
  Just a warning: Faulty traffic light on Devonshire/London Rd intersection. Chris88 4 6,554 12-09-2014 10:48 AM
Last Post: Chris88
  Change Devonshire Road Traffic Flow Petition yomster 4 6,975 13-10-2013 07:49 PM
Last Post: shzl400
  Change Flow of Traffic On Devonshire Road yomster 20 18,856 07-02-2013 08:44 AM
Last Post: Sherwood