SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pizza Pianeta
admin
Administrator

14-10-2007 08:39 PM

Posts from old forum ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Loca
Joined 20-09-2007
Posted on Tuesday, 25 September, 2007 - 01:36 pm:

Does anyone have any news on this shop. Went passed it yesterday and they are still fitting it out. The pizza oven was still in there!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nevermodern
Joined 09-02-2007
Posted on Tuesday, 25 September, 2007 - 02:12 pm:

There doesn't seem to have been any movement since the 'Teli Baba' signage was put in the window several months back. I haven't noticed anything happening inside since then.

Vipes
Joined 10-10-2006
Posted on Wednesday, 26 September, 2007 - 11:55 am:

Looks like no balaclava baklava on my plate. Hate to say it Nevermodern but told you so.

Nevermodern
Joined 09-02-2007
Posted on Wednesday, 26 September, 2007 - 12:30 pm:

Nice one. Now you can turn your attention to putting down the new coffee shop across the road before they've even opened Smile

Vipes
Joined 10-10-2006
Posted on Wednesday, 26 September, 2007 - 01:25 pm:

I assume the smiley means you don't want your post to be taken too seriously.

Just in case you do, please don't equate my despair with the eyesore that Pizza Pianetta has become (nor I might add with the dodgy operation that called itself "organic repugnant" or whatever) with a tendency to "put down" any new business. I'd welcome any new business that has thought seriously enough about the undertaking. Unfortunately, and with three or four notable exceptions, amateur businesses like these mean FH town centre will remain the younger malnourished deformed sibling of Lordship Lane.

As for this new place well let's see.

Nevermodern
Joined 09-02-2007
Posted on Wednesday, 26 September, 2007 - 04:07 pm:

"Let's see." Well, I guess I'll just have to assume you're not easily enthused. The first shop to open on London Road in a year and a half after five closures, the promise of the new cafe most people have been looking for. If you don't mind, I'll just be happy at the prospect and leave others to stand back with folded arms. And if it goes wrong...I'll just leave you to tell me you told me so again Smile Sorted. As for amateur businesses? Lots of businesses start by not knowing what they're doing...then they learn and grow. The alternative is often chains...who don't seem to be interested in Forest Hill and which many people wouldn't want anyway.

Vipes
Joined 10-10-2006
Posted on Wednesday, 26 September, 2007 - 06:57 pm:

I admire your optimism but you're mistaking my realism for cynicism. "Lots of businesses start by not knowing what they're doing...then they learn and grow." I'd be interested to know which you mean.

Nevermodern
Joined 09-02-2007
Posted on Wednesday, 26 September, 2007 - 08:08 pm:

Body Shop...Virgin...Amstrad...Yo Sushi...etc

Most people who start businesses don't have qualifications in running a business. The idea and the commitment come first and they learn on the job. Often they fail. Often they start again and succeed.

Hilltopgeneral
Joined 24-03-2004
Posted on Thursday, 27 September, 2007 - 11:35 am:

The common factor, however, is that the founders have talent, ambition, commitment, energy, passion... they believe in their business and throw their all into it.

That's as opposed to opening some half-baked shop with no clear idea behind it, with no evidence of any thought having gone into the market or location, and advertising the fact that even you don't believe in it by putting the bare minimum investment in so that it looks rubbish and people are disinclined to use it. Then your business goes bust in a neat circle of self-fulfilment.

Nevermodern
Joined 09-02-2007
Posted on Thursday, 27 September, 2007 - 12:42 pm:

Good luck to the coffee shop! They'll need it round here. I just pray to god they don't use the same felt-tip and carboard in the window as teli babar. It'll be a boycott from the start Smile And let's hope the napkins he uses are the right ones...could really expose his lack of talent...ambition...commitment...

Vipes
Joined 10-10-2006
Posted on Thursday, 27 September, 2007 - 01:30 pm:

I pray for the same Nevermodern. I also agree with you about the napkins. It's really good to see you're finally coming round. I think you might even be going a bit far by suggesting we boycott the place though.

Ciej
Joined 29-07-2007
Posted on Thursday, 27 September, 2007 - 01:31 pm:

My only hope is that the coffee tastes good...

Nevermodern
Joined 09-02-2007
Posted on Thursday, 27 September, 2007 - 01:38 pm:

The coffee's the thing Smile

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Pizza Pianeta site nevermodern 13 14,472 21-11-2007 10:25 AM
Last Post: nevermodern