SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Road Closures
Holly

29-03-2010 07:59 PM

Hi All,

Just to let you know that if you are traveling tonight forest hill end of devonshire road is closed and so is the south circular from the bridge to the station due to an accident.

Kind Regards

Holly

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
roz

30-03-2010 04:24 PM

I don't want to be morbid, but what sort of accident? I tried to get from Thorpewood to the station last night via Dartmouth Road but couldn't and thought it was closed due to roadworks as I saw Morrisons signs up?

Also Sydenham Rise was closed this afternoon. All very good getting the roadworks done but we had to practically go to East Dulwich in order to travel back to Forest Hill as there were no right turns until Underhill Road.

rbmartin

30-03-2010 06:29 PM

Roz, you're not even allowed to turn right from Lordship Lane to Underhill Road unless it's a bus. The next right you're allowed to do is Overhill Road past the Harvester and the Lordship Lane Estate (as Melford Road is now a one way street) then down Belvoir Road, Underhill Road and back to Lordship Lane.

Route 356 is also diverted into Dulwich in both directions because of the roadworks on Sydenham Rise.

roz

30-03-2010 06:34 PM

Ok I meant Overthehill Road then, as I certainly didnt go down any one way streets...

rbmartin

30-03-2010 06:41 PM

Overthehill Road sounds about right!

Seriously, drivers still do illegal rights into Underhill Road, which has only been made worse since Melford Road has been made one way.

Oops, technically that area is in Dulwich and not a SE23 discussion! Blush

annsquire66

30-03-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:
I don't want to be morbid, but what sort of accident?

A police officer at the scene early on told us that a young man had been injured crossing the road, and that he may not survive. His death would mean taking full forensic details before the road could be reopened. As it remained closed until well after 11pm, I think we can sadly assume the worst.

dovetail

30-03-2010 10:53 PM

I really hope he pulls through. I've been guilty myself of crossing Waldram Crescent at the bend to save a few minutes especially since the footbridge at station been closed. It can be dangerous with cars flying past in both directions as well as turning into and out of Waldram Place.

roz

31-03-2010 06:26 PM

Desperately sad affair. If it is that stretch of road near Waldram then it really is a bad place to try and cross, but I've seen so many do it in order to catch trains in the morning, etc.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Road closures in Forest Hill alexfeakes 58 53,844 17-03-2011 03:59 PM
Last Post: andrewr