SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Missing plants...
leah

24-12-2007 10:20 AM

Sorry - bit of a weird one thing - but has anybody else had plants pulled out of planters in the area?

It has happened to us three times in the last 6 months or so, that flowering plants have been pulled right out of planters. In one case, they were left on the floor by the planter, and the other two times they disappeared completley.

It has happened both in the front garden, and back (which is not accessible other than through a high gate or the house).

I can't imagine that a cat or fox would do this? Would they?

Any ideas?!

thanks!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gingernuts

24-12-2007 10:49 AM

I suspect the culprit might be a squirrel looking for it's nut! They can be quite a nuisance.

Johnc

24-12-2007 12:45 PM

Odds on its squirrels. I always lose a few plants to them in spring, when i've planted up my tubs

leah

24-12-2007 12:53 PM

grrr, flipping squirrels!

thanks for the help.

robwinton

24-12-2007 02:14 PM

Well, I too recently lost some plants from the front of the house.

Much as I'd like to blame the blasted squirrels that seem to damage or destroy everything in the back garden, I think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt this time as I also lost all the earth ... oh, and the planters as well.

Either Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirrels have arrived in Forest Hill, or someone else is to blame.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields