SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
isaglanzer

09-03-2012 09:48 PM

As a much newer TLEHRA member, I'd really like to support the points above about the need for conciliation and how good it would be to see the association take on the role of peacemakers. If I'd read the thread above when I was contemplating moving to this area with a young child a couple of years ago, I'm not at all sure I would have wanted to go ahead with the move. However, I'm very glad I did, as the reality is very different from the acrimony suggested by the thread - this is a beautiful and remarkable corner of London where it seems possible to bring up children in a calm, friendly, stable and green environment where you can see the stars and hear birdsong, but also see the rest of our city spread out below us and within easy reach. I'm sure providing for the community's many young children is essential. I am also really glad to see many older people still living round here - it confirms the feeling I have that this is really a place to stay, much less transient than so many London neighbourhoods. I really do hope there will be some attempts to resolve the conflict now, it would be incredibly encouraging if the residents' association took a lead in this.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - isaglanzer - 09-03-2012 09:48 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,010 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison