SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
carole

09-03-2012 07:59 PM

And a few comments on the meeting. I have been a memeber of TLERA for 25 years, and am a strong supporter of the work done by the association and by this and previous committees. As such, I really hoped that last night's meeting would contain an element of peace-making. I was deeply disappointed that it didn't.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of the subject, neighbour has been turned against neighbour, and I consider it the duty of the committee to address this, and initiate some mending of fences (metaphorical ones of course, the restrictive covenant means we are all responsible for mending actual fences).

The supporters of Piplings have asked again and again for evidence of the disturbance caused by the nursery. This is 2012, and it is very easy to photograph cases of inconsiderate parking, and record loud or unpleasant noise. If such evidence exists then it has not been made public. Last night was an opportunity to do so. So for that matter is this forum.

We heard again and again about the traffic. Now, I live in Liphook Crescent, and on most mornings I drive past Piplings between 7.30 and 8.00 in the morning and again between 5.30 and 6.00 in the evening. There is no other traffic. I can only assume that those parents who use their cars to deliver and collect their children have a telepathic knowledge of when I am going to be passing, so that they can avoid me seeing them. Also they must approach from Ringmore Rise and do a U-turn, because they certainly don't come past my house.

Maybe I'm just not a reliable witness?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - carole - 09-03-2012 07:59 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,007 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison