SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
Glasshalffull

09-03-2012 03:01 PM

Brujo

I must have missed the 'magic bubble' comment or is this your interpretation of what was said?

The reason that most of those at the meeting were more mature is because it is difficult for younger people of all races to afford property on the estate. Could the reason that the property on the estate is considered desirable and is more expensive than most parts of SE23 be the fact that it is considered a nice place to live?

Just a thought.

ladywotlunches

Thanks for clarifying when you witnessed what you considered an outrageous response to a question by the neighbour and that it was not during the meeting.

Thank you for answering the commercial premises question. The premises now being commercial (the ofsted definition is irrelevant) could have an impact on the neighbours as they now live next door to commercial premises which if they decided to sell their properties could deter potential purchasers.

ummango

You have misinterpreted my post. The opening sentence was my effort at humour. I was at the meeting with my parents who have lived on the estate for over 40 years. I spent a wonderful childhood on the estate and have been fortunate enough to move back onto the estate. I hate ageism and feel it is the 'ism' that appears for some reason to still be acceptable. The only reason I have commented on this issue on this forum is that I felt many of the earleir posts were ageist

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - Glasshalffull - 09-03-2012 03:01 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,005 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison