SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
Brujo

09-03-2012 02:26 PM

Whilst the meeting was fairly well structured, it never looked like being an open forum for considered debate. Minds were made up long before the meeting.

I was surprised by the demographics – mostly over 60 and well over 95% caucasian. People can’t help who they are, I’m just saying I presumed it would be more like the rest of SE23 than a leafy shire.

Reference to a future fight against a Horniman alcohol licence and a previous incident, a Jerk Chicken Festival received a healthy level of murmuring and tutting. Personally, I can’t think of anything better than a festival of jerk chicken.

The F’s barrister pleading for two minutes of (unscheduled) time for his client to put his side of the story was unnecessary. This probably backfired when Mr. F proceeded to pop up and say he considered ‘people chatting’ on the pavement to be a major nuisance.

The attitude of the TLERA committee can be diluted to one moment, when the advertising blurb from a 1930s brochure for the TLE was read out, saying how the area would be preserved in a magic bubble, safe from the modern world and all its troubles.

Nearly all missed the irony of the meeting taking place in a school.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - Brujo - 09-03-2012 02:26 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,004 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison