SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
Glasshalffull

09-03-2012 01:54 PM

Yes the 'Rent a mob' terrified me as well, but then I've always been terrified of gatherings of old people, it usually means you are at a funeral or wedding.

I actually felt that it gave those who live on the estate (the majority of whom I would say are more mature both in age and outlook than many of those who have posted on the subject on this forum) the chance to show their feelings.

There were indeed deep intakes of breath and sighs when some comments were made by those representing both Piplings and the association.

The main thing the meeting made me consider was how different generations view property ownership. The biggest sigh of the evening came when someone raised the subject that perhaps house prices on the estate would go down if covenants are enforced.

The majority of the more mature attendees clearly could not give a hoot about the price of their property which I found refreshing given the importance that the younger generation, of which I hope I would still be considered a member of, place on the price of property.

It must be remembered that last nights meeting/vote has no impact on the ongoing legal action.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - Glasshalffull - 09-03-2012 01:54 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,008 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison